spot for a cheap, new dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i bought one from sparkfun

looks to be exactly like mine

for a grand total for 4.62! which is alot cheaper then skyvsion!

...Im not turning this into something from the red green show...

I was thinking more like something from The Simpsons! ;)

Homer builds a BBQ Season 10 Episode 19

Note the sat dish on house behind Homer! :)

Attachments

• homer bbq.jpg
    homer bbq.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 167
  • fvzvp.jpg
    fvzvp.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 133
you came very close to making me piss my pants

YOU SIR have a good sense of humor

i did some research, i had alot of people tell me the 7.5 footer wont be able to get everything, well guess what my dish stacks up against? a birdview! thats right a birdview

my 7 and half foot perfect 10 has a gain of 38.7

a birdview solid is 38! so in other words my dish does just as good as a birdview!

and it only has 3% dif in efficiency!

Ah but a real Birdview would look so much better in your yard. Just so you could see what it looks like I Photoshopped one in for you. :)

Attachments

• BortenSatelliteDish.jpg
    BortenSatelliteDish.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 171
I remembered where another one is at a town i might try to get

it might be a janeil , dont they have real big ribs and a squared edge instead of a circle?

if so is it worth getting?

what other dishes have squared edges? i dont think the dish is a paraclipse

if it doenst have any bad panels, i might get it

did some photo hunting and am sure its a paraclipse

how would one take it appart so its fits in the bed of a truck?

Attachments

• fn11lh01.jpg
    fn11lh01.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 129
i went to look at it today the guy wasnt home, il come back later

im not so sure the dish is a paraclipse. i was wrong, the ribs are sqaure aluminum, painted black, it has a heavy sqaure mount on the back of it, but it has squared edges like a paraclipse

the dish has alot of hail dents

is it worth getting

i dont know if i want to mess with it, it has hail dents on every square inch of this ,dents, that looked like they were caused by golf ball sized hail my dad says that happpened back in '85, so this dish has been here since 85 or before, so its is a very old mesh dish, has a large square mount on the back with a thick acuator, with a weather boot, has a button hook feed with old looking lna's on it, the dish has squared edges like a paraclipse, but not thick ribs, just tubed aluminum, wonder what kind of dish is this?

if this dish is not availble, this is the last dish i know of in my area

so that means id have to get the perfect 10, which i may do since its in great shape, and only 5 years old

but with all the hail-dents on a 24 year old dish, would it be worth getting?

6 footer ok for 4dtv?

the guy in macomb that had the winegard is on vacation, that only leaves the $150 7.5 footer and the 12 foot mesh monster, the guy hasnt called me back yet.

Anyway the olny reason i want a c band idsh is for 4dtv, as there isnt alot of fta channels that tickle my fancy

anyway, would the sadoun 6 footer NOT be able to get? I heard it can get 90% of the cband up there, well what is the 10%left, does it do well on 4dtv?

In my setup, a 6' dish works perfectly for AMC18-W5 for my 4DTV programming located there.

However, if your package includes programming from G15-G1 you may have problems. The HBOs there are 7/8 FEC and may pixelate with a 6' dish.

A 6 foot Fortec will work well on W5,

See my thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/169000-w5-fixed-system.html

I will be okay I would think for most of the 4D stuff except the 7/8 FEC channels. I don't expect HBO on G1 would work much at all. You would probably have trouble with W1 7/8's and the Nebraska PBS 7/8's also. You would also need that thing tweaked on the arc to be 100% reliable on the 29270 SR 3/4 FEC's on C3 & C4.

Myself if I was going to start from scratch and want to scan the arc I would get a 10 foot or bigger, I use a 12 foot. Bigger is always better especially on C band.

Last edited:
Myself if I was going to start from scratch and want to scan the arc I would get a 10 foot or bigger, I use a 12 foot. Bigger is always better especially on C band.
He had a 10 footer that seemed to be fine, but he took it down and destroyed it. :rolleyes:

He had a 10 footer that seemed to be fine, but he took it down and destroyed it. :rolleyes:

Ya, he should have kept it.
Mine seems to do just fine after the dog used it for a trampoline and fell through.:(:eek::D

Attachments

• 101_1416.JPG
    101_1416.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 125
  • 101_1417.JPG
    101_1417.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 121
Ya, he should have kept it.
Mine seems to do just fine after the dog used it for a trampoline and fell through.:(:eek::D

And he didn't seem too interested in paying for shipping on my 6 footer i have laying in front of my "mint" 8ft. winegard.:D

Attachments

• 101_1418.JPG
    101_1418.JPG
    885.6 KB · Views: 93
i think if i can get it for $125, il get that guys 7.5 footer 5 years old, new acuator, and thats delivered

the 10 footer had something seriously wrong with it, it would not track the arc

BUT if someone has a dish they would ship to me, or deliver for $100 pm me

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts