Spring training games on MLB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lem52

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
Cookeville, TN
I have noticed that the spring training games of the Reds and one of the Braves have been blacked out in my area. I don't understand since I am in the Braves region. Other teams are not blacked out. Is this their mistake or what?

Lem52

I have noticed that the spring training games of the Reds and one of the Braves have been blacked out in my area. I don't understand since I am in the Braves region. Other teams are not blacked out. Is this their mistake or what?

Lem52
You just answered your own question (see bold)

But the game wasn't on anywhere else, so why did they do that? I thought if some other network like a sports network was doing the game, then you would be blacked. No big deal though, since it was just a spring game.

Lem52

But the game wasn't on anywhere else, so why did they do that? I thought if some other network like a sports network was doing the game, then you would be blacked. No big deal though, since it was just a spring game.

Lem52

It could be your local rsn or ota station will be showing the game at a different time, but they still have the right to black out the live broadcast.

Because they are your local team and you have to watch it on your local RSN or some other channel. I know stupid since no one else was carrying it. I ran into this all the time last year with the Reds. I was like how are they my local team when they are 8 hours away.

Lem52
Doesn't matter. Most national broadcast on national channels are blacked out in their local DMA, even if the game is not on another channel. The one exception is ESPN Sunday Night game, but they have exclusive rights so it is shown locally as well.

It is just one of those stupid MLB blackout rules

Lem52

Every MLB Game I have tuned into on the RSN channels has been blacked out. As of yet I have not got a game unless on MLB network.

Assuming Directv, Dish doesn't have MLB channel.

Do you have the sports pack, you will not get the RSN channels if you don't have sports pack. That would get you a 721 error.

Last nights Braves game was on CSS (Comcast Sports South). Since D* doesnt carry that channel the OP is screwed.

blacked out on MLB
no way to see it on local RSN since D* doesnt carry it

Every MLB Game I have tuned into on the RSN channels has been blacked out. As of yet I have not got a game unless on MLB network.

unless you have the sports pack, the only ST games we get on the RSN's are the Twins and Brewers (668/669). Watched the Brewers game Monday :)

Tigers were on MLB yesterday, and they showed it here. So the logic that it was because it was in his own region makes no sense.

I think in your case, the only station carrying it was MASN (Nat's feed). If FSN Detroit was carrying it, it probably would be blacked out

Saturday I can put this to the test as FSN North is carrying it as is the MLB Net. So I should be blacked out on MLB
Sundays game is tape delayed on MLB and not on any other channel for us. SO I should be able to see that

I think in your case, the only station carrying it was MASN (Nat's feed). If FSN Detroit was carrying it, it probably would be blacked out

Saturday I can put this to the test as FSN North is carrying it as is the MLB Net. So I should be blacked out on MLB
Sundays game is tape delayed on MLB and not on any other channel for us. SO I should be able to see that

True it was MASN..

I don't understand this all of these money you pay nfl sunday ticket extra innings etc...
Why do they not include PRESEASON games.
I have to dwnload the EAGLES presesons game which I come to like since there is no commerce and in HD but still if I pay for ST why not get preseason games

Assuming Directv, Dish doesn't have MLB channel.

Do you have the sports pack, you will not get the RSN channels if you don't have sports pack. That would get you a 721 error.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm not going to buy IE, but I thought there was a free preview during March.

From what is posted above, the ONLY way to get a free preview is to buy the sports pack? If that is so, I assume I would have to watch any games on the RSN channels instead of the usual IE channels. Is that right also?

Could I buy sports pack for just one month and then cancel it?

I was wondering the same thing. I'm not going to buy IE, but I thought there was a free preview during March.

From what is posted above, the ONLY way to get a free preview is to buy the sports pack? If that is so, I assume I would have to watch any games on the RSN channels instead of the usual IE channels. Is that right also?

Could I buy sports pack for just one month and then cancel it?
If you get a free preview of EI, even with the sports pack, you can still watch the games on the EI channels as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)