sprint.com says pre release is june 6

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
i was paying my bill online, about an hour ago, when i noticed the website was now saying the palm pre will be released june 6. this had been rumored for a few weeks now (at least). i'm thinking about getting one if the new release deals are good!!

it's about dog-gone time! now lets see if it's priced decently.

edit: it's $300.00, $200.00 after rebate - sounds reasonable, except for making you jump through that rebate "hoop".

Last edited:
Not too bad since the Touch Pro is 299 with a new contract. Figured they had to get it under that phone as that's their flagship beast of a phone. I've looked at the Pre but I'm sticking with my Touch Pro. Plus you can't use the Pre on some plans such as the older $30 SERO plan, just like the Instinct was.

But once they start hyping up the phone on TV I bet they'll sell a ton of them. It's a cute phone.

it's about dog-gone time! now lets see if it's priced decently.

edit: it's $300.00, $200.00 after rebate - sounds reasonable, except for making you jump through that rebate "hoop".

According to this post, the Pre will run $549 off-contract. I'd want to try out the pre first before I plunk down $550 for it, but it looks nice!

Also: Who the f*@#$@ uses mail in rebates anymore? Those things are worthless. :D

don't know if you want to put a lot of stock in this or not. a radio shack employee told me last week they will sell the pre for $199.99 after instant rebate, no mail ins. take it for what its worth!

don't know if you want to put a lot of stock in this or not. a radio shack employee told me last week they will sell the pre for $199.99 after instant rebate, no mail ins. take it for what its worth!

Yeah they always do IR on those. Best Buy as well.

Sero supposedly not gonna work with the PRE. I was told by a rep that once they become available online and you can upgrade thru there, to go ahead and do so and it will transfer your current service (even if sero) to the new Pre automatically. Wonder if it will work like he said. hehe

Sero supposedly not gonna work with the PRE. I was told by a rep that once they become available online and you can upgrade thru there, to go ahead and do so and it will transfer your current service (even if sero) to the new Pre automatically. Wonder if it will work like he said. hehe

I doubt it. I've heard everything saying the Pre won't work with the $30 SERO plans, just like the Instinct.

When Sprint replaced my Mogul for the Touch Pro I tried to swap the ESN on line. It was trying to make me pick a new plan that was not SERO. I hit cancel immediately and picked up the phone. Then the rep tried to tell me that the Touch Pro was not compatible with SERO. I asked, "Look at the 3rd SERO line on my account. It had a Touch Pro activated on it 3 days ago." She didn't know what to say, put me on hold, and got it fixed. She stated she had to copy some codes from that phone to this one. So I really doubt the Pre will let you do it online, nor will work in the store according to several employees as the system is setup to block that plan.

Kinda like the iPhone with it's $10 extra data plan I guess, but at least Sprint is tacking on extra junk charges like AT&T is doing.

Thats what I was thinking too. O well this Pre is for my wife that is bugging for new phone, but there is no way ama cancel my $30.00 sero plan just to get a new phone. Infact my HTC Touch Pro was so easy to get sero on it aswell. From Best Buy too. hehe

Guess wife is gonna keep the red 755 afterall..

Thats what I was thinking too. O well this Pre is for my wife that is bugging for new phone, but there is no way ama cancel my $30.00 sero plan just to get a new phone. Infact my HTC Touch Pro was so easy to get sero on it aswell. From Best Buy too. hehe

Guess wife is gonna keep the red 755 afterall..

Yes, indeed...never cancel a SERO $30. They are worth some money to others that want you to do a transfer of liability to them.

Anyone get one yet? Just listened to Leo Leporte do a segment on the Pre. He just got one yesterday.

Got mine today. We don't have a sprint corp store, only 3rd party retai; and they only had four phones. I was #2 in line this morning and lets just say there was a lot of angry complaining when they ran out.
The phone rocks and I love it. Fast, stable, smooth and beautiful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)