Sprint HTC Evo 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id just get a simple phone for calling then and use the tablet for surfing the net away from home. That way you have good voice coverage, home internet for when you are home, and the tablet for on the go.

Then why not do the above?

Why? The whole reason I have a cell phone, tablet and laptop is for mobile computing. My low signal gives me about 600K down which isn't much slower then typical granny DSL from Verizon. I don't use cellular data when I'm at home, if my cable modem went down, or the power went out 600K would work for me until the service gets restored. Or I could just go outside, sit in the backyard and get 2Mb down. Neither AT&T or Verizon give me anything better so its a moot point. As long as I can use voice at home that's fine with me.

Sent From My HTC EVO View Using the SatelliteGuys Android App

Why? The whole reason I have a cell phone, tablet and laptop is for mobile computing. My low signal gives me about 600K down which isn't much slower then typical granny DSL from Verizon. I don't use cellular data when I'm at home, if my cable modem went down, or the power went out 600K would work for me until the service gets restored. Or I could just go outside, sit in the backyard and get 2Mb down. Neither AT&T or Verizon give me anything better so its a moot point. As long as I can use voice at home that's fine with me.

Sent From My HTC EVO View Using the SatelliteGuys Android App

Ok then.

Rocky:

1080p output is for external displays.

Now I can use the phone to a projector / monitor and run presentations or watch hd content in my theater from the phone if I so desire.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

No real response? I know what you're trying to do here, so don't insult my intelligence. All you want to do is get under my skin, well it's not working. I don't need really good cellular data coverage at home in most instances. One bar of signal is fine for voice, I really could careless, just as long as I have reliable mobile internet when I’m away from home, which I do. And one bar is more then I got with AT&T at home anyway, even though I had no problem dropping calls with full bar coverage when I had it.

If the power goes out I have UPS, if the UPS run out, I’ll use my laptop, if the laptop battery dies I’ll pop in the extended capacity battery, if that runs out I’ll whip out the car charger for my laptop and go sit in the car and surf the internet.

I don't see how that is an advantage in any way. Besides I already have a simple dumb phone, the Motorola i680.

It would save you money......
You would have your voice service at home, the same home internet, and backup cell internet with the data card and the tablet. Why have a smartphone? It seems that you would rarely use the data portion of it.

Huh? Now you've completly lost me. I average 3-4GB per month data transfer on my phone. The whole reason I got the iPhone and jumped into the smartphone market was for data.

I have explained my question twice, I cant make it any simpler.

It must simply not be an option for you.......

No real response? I know what you're trying to do here, so don't insult my intelligence. All you want to do is get under my skin, well it's not working. I don't need really good cellular data coverage at home in most instances. One bar of signal is fine for voice, I really could careless, just as long as I have reliable mobile internet when I’m away from home, which I do. And one bar is more then I got with AT&T at home anyway, even though I had no problem dropping calls with full bar coverage when I had it.

If the power goes out I have UPS, if the UPS run out, I’ll use my laptop, if the laptop battery dies I’ll pop in the extended capacity battery, if that runs out I’ll whip out the car charger for my laptop and go sit in the car and surf the internet.

It was a simple way of saying I won't anything to do with this discussion anymore. That's fine for you. I was just stating my opinion. Since you absolutely have to go to the extreme when someone says something bad about one of your favorite companies. You NEED to realize that everybody has different opinions about different things and you might not like it!

Rocky:

1080p output is for external displays.

Now I can use the phone to a projector / monitor and run presentations or watch hd content in my theater from the phone if I so desire.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Ok, makes sense, but still not a necessity imho.

I have explained my question twice, I cant make it any simpler.

It must simply not be an option for you.......

I never enquired about saving money, so I’m not sure what you’re getting at. I have no interest in lowering my wireless bill, if I did I wouldn’t have just added a tablet. Getting rid of my smartphone is simply just out of the question. How can you say I rarely use the data portion when I stream Pandora or Sirius XM for 10+ hours a day just about every day while working, when I use the GPS functionality to actually do my job when I have to go to areas I’m unfamiliar with, when it’s how I text since I can’t stand texting on a traditional number pad, use it to surf the net during my lunch break if I take one, I use it to watch sports when I’m not able to be in front of a TV. I use a lot of data a month and I would never go without a smartphone. I can’t imagine living life without one and to suggest that I get rid of it is preposterous. One of the Nextel phones on the account I may remove however since I actually use the Evo 3D for most of my voice calls. I’ve carried two phones now since I first got the iPhone in March 2009 since I found both the iPhone and the original Evo to be very uncomfortable to hold up to the ear and talk on. Occasionally I’d use the iPhone and original Evo, but 90% of the time I used my Nextel phone for voice and kept the smartphone mainly for data and texting. Now with the Evo 3Ds more narrow design I have no problems using it as a phone and have no real need for a second phone. Ideally I’d get rid of one Nextel phone, upgrade the other to the Evo Shift and be down to 4 devices on Sprint, all 4G capable, three of them Android based.

It was a simple way of saying I won't anything to do with this discussion anymore. That's fine for you. I was just stating my opinion. Since you absolutely have to go to the extreme when someone says something bad about one of your favorite companies. You NEED to realize that everybody has different opinions about different things and you might not like it!

If you don't want anything to do with the discussion anymore, then just don't post in the thread. It's that simple. And YOU need to realize not everyone likes what YOU like. YOU can't stand the fact I think Verizon SUCKS donkey balls which they do. So YOU need to get a grip, not me.

If you don't want anything to do with the discussion anymore, then just don't post in the thread. It's that simple. And YOU need to realize not everyone likes what YOU like. YOU can't stand the fact I think Verizon SUCKS donkey balls which they do. So YOU need to get a grip, not me.

I don't care what you think about Verizon. I know there are people that hate them. That's their opinion and I respect that. Now if you would stop making a fuss every time someone says something bad about your "favorite" companies. Just respect their opinion for once. EVERYBODY has different opinions and YOU may not like them!

Steve Mehs said:

Enough. If you continue these rants when you disagree with everyone I will just have your posting privileges in the phone and gadget forum discontinued. Period. This has gone on long enough.

Topic closed.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Status
Not open for further replies.