Sprint HTC Evo 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
I compared them side by side, and the Evo has a shorter width in the screen than the DX.

Probably the difference between a 16:10 and a 16:9 aspect ratio.

IIRC, the DX is 854x480 (wvga) vs the 3vo 960x540 (qhd) screen.

Mathematically speaking, for both to maintain a 4.3" display the 3vo has to be taller and narrower than the DX.

My Evo has the same 4.3" dimensions as the DX. The 3vo is narrower and taller than the Evo.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Here's a nice comparison from WireFly between the two most advanced smartphones currently on planet Earth.

Last edited by a moderator:
A coworker finally had an upgrade on Sprint. I convinced hime to ditch his Curve. He opted for the 1ST Evo because of cost $30 vs $199 and 3D did nothing for him.

Great deal, and good choice if the extra speed and other useless features dont mean anything to him.

Here's a nice comparison from WireFly between the two most advanced smartphones currently on planet Earth.

If only they werent on the two overall crappiest networks in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kind of smells like the same kind of fanboyism you have accused others of, including me. "two most advanced smartphones currently on planet Earth." Its actually kind of funny.

Kind of smells like the same kind of fanboyism you have accused others of, including me. "two most advanced smartphones currently on planet Earth." Its actually kind of funny.

What other phones have 1.2 GHz dual core processors, 1GB or 768MB RAM, those nice 4.3" qHD displays, 1080p video, 720p 3D video? I know this may be hard for you to do, but get your head out of your rear end and compare the specs for all the top end phones across all providers and you'll see the Evo 3D and Sensation are at the very top.

What other phones have 1.2 GHz dual core processors, 1GB or 768MB RAM, those nice 4.3" qHD displays, 1080p video, 720p 3D video? I know this may be hard for you to do, but get your head out of your rear end and compare the specs for all the top end phones across all providers and you'll see the Evo 3D and Sensation are at the very top.

Whatever you say Steve. :rolleyes:

I've seen the 3D video, it is not very good. Its a gimmick. Plain and simple. The 3D camera will be useful how? For showing photos you take ON YOUR phone? What else will play those photos? You are not printing them. And NO ONE needs 1080p on a 4" screen. That is just plain silly. Yes, the ram is nice, as is the processor. But many phones can run at 1.2 Ghz, and better optimized through SetCPU. 1.2 to 1.0 Ghz is a marginal difference.

Its a nice phone, its the brand that you like, we get that. But as far as having a head up their rear-ends, well... it kind of explains statements like "most advanced smartphone on planet earth." The world is broader than "Verizon sucks, Apple sucks, AT&T sucks, Motorola sucks."

Go ahead compare for yourself, you know I'm right. Name me another phone with a dual core 1.2 Ghz processor and 1GB of RAM

Ive compared. Its a nice phone on par with the many nice phones at the top of the heap this week. And next week/month it will be a different one.

One thing everyone should know when it comes to smartphones, and android in particular, what is top of the line today, is mid range in 2-3 months. Hard to hit that moving target unless you buy a new one every few months.

Go ahead compare for yourself, you know I'm right. Name me another phone with a dual core 1.2 Ghz processor and 1GB of RAM

Galaxy S 2 since we are talking about in the world. Id take it to be honest. It doesnt have 3D obviously, but the super amoled screen is nicer IMO.

HTC EVO 3D vs. Samsung Galaxy S 2 (Video)
It beats the evo in this comparison.

Ive compared. Its a nice phone on par with the many nice phones at the top of the heap this week. And next week/month it will be a different one.

One thing everyone should know when it comes to smartphones, and android in particular, what is top of the line today, is mid range in 2-3 months. Hard to hit that moving target unless you buy a new one every few months.

That's why I have no desire to keep a smartphone for over a year. These are commodity items that get replaced when they start to get outshined by the next crop, and it's not like these things are thousands of dollars, just a few hundred. I can guarantee you in a year from now I won’t have the Evo 3D and more than likely I won’t have the View tablet either.

I'm mixed on Super AMOLED. The colors are richer, but almost too rich IMO. I'd rather have the higher resolution display of the Evo 3D.

Its much better outside, although nothing is perfect in direct sunlight.

As for the rest, I love that S2 processor. A9 based. It rocks.

Steve Mehs said:
That's why I have no desire to keep a smartphone for over a year. These are commodity items that get replaced when they start to get outshined by the next crop, and it's not like these things are thousands of dollars, just a few hundred. I can guarantee you in a year from now I won’t have the Evo 3D and more than likely I won’t have the View tablet either.

And you are probably the only person here than can afford to spend 200 dollars every year replace a still very good phone every year just because something comes out that has slightly better specs. It's not practical to replace your phone every year because you need the money for other things. Carriers usually let you upgrade every two years anyway.

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

Who are the two wireless providers with the worst caps? AT&T and Verizon. Who are the providers that have data plans that allow customers to take the best advantage of them? Sprint & T-Mobile. I'll keep my uniliated data that has coverage virtually everywhere I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts