Which Sprint 4G phone would you select?

• Samsung Epic 4G

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • HTC EVO 4G

Votes: 21 65.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How well does 2.2 work on the TP2?

Really good.. I got the Apps up and running from Market. I use the 2.2 more then wm6 on daily basis.

Only major thing not working is Bluetooth, but I dont use it much. Once the full sound was working it has become my full time use.

Any word yet when the Samsung Epic will get 2.2 ?

What changes will I see ?

Currently running 2.1

C'mon this is Samsung. It was supposed to roll out for the Galaxy S phones this month and now Samsung is saying end of next month.

I will probably root my phone and 2.2 on it as soon as stable rom is out.

Who, other than me, is upgrading to a SERO Premium account tomorrow? I'll be marching over to my Sprint-owned store to pick-up an EVOPIC - a specially made-for-me morph of the EVO and Epic. Unfortunately, it will probably look and operate like the Homermobile. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I will be retiring the Mogul after 3-years and 2-months of service. When I first got it people used to ask, "what is that thing" in admiration. Now people still ask that same question...but with complete disdain. At least I could quiet their laugher after telling them I was only paying $30 per month for unlimited data/text.

You don't need a screen cover for Galaxy S phones. They all use Gorilla glass on top of the S-AMOLED screen.
Yeah, that's something I noticed about the Epic pretty quickly - the AMOLED screen is both pretty and hard-as-nails.

To be honest, I don't plan to use a screen cover with the EVO. My Mogul is 3+ years old and I just cleaned off the finger and face prints and the phone still looks newish.

Who, other than me, is upgrading to a SERO Premium account tomorrow? I'll be marching over to my Sprint-owned store to pick-up an EVOPIC - a specially made-for-me morph of the EVO and Epic. Unfortunately, it will probably look and operate like the Homermobile. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I will be retiring the Mogul after 3-years and 2-months of service. When I first got it people used to ask, "what is that thing" in admiration. Now people still ask that same question...but with complete disdain. At least I could quiet their laugher after telling them I was only paying $30 per month for unlimited data/text.

Jim,
You might want to call over there today and make sure they have some in stock, so your not disappointed when you find that they are still hard to find in Sprint Stores. :)

Wish I knew how to get your deal though.
This $ 90 minimum is ridiculous. (with tax)

Yeah, that's something I noticed about the Epic pretty quickly - the AMOLED screen is both pretty and hard-as-nails.

To be honest, I don't plan to use a screen cover with the EVO. My Mogul is 3+ years old and I just cleaned off the finger and face prints and the phone still looks newish.

I got a screen cover on mine, just to be safe. (Samsung Epic/ Zag cover)
I try to keep it out of my pocket with my keys in it.
They say it won't scratch, if it does, then I'm stuck with one that looks like crap.

That would be my luck.

Well, I picked-up an EVO earlier today. Great phone...but yes, I was still tempted to get the Epic right up until purchase. My Sprint ref just upgraded to the Epic because of the keyboard. Of course, he's a young guy who sends 1000+ text per month. I'll be fine sending 10-20 using Swype.

Well, I picked-up an EVO earlier today. Great phone...but yes, I was still tempted to get the Epic right up until purchase. My Sprint ref just upgraded to the Epic because of the keyboard. Of course, he's a young guy who sends 1000+ text per month. I'll be fine sending 10-20 using Swype.

Excellent :up:up:up

Let us know how you like it as you get comfortable with it !

When you hit a 4G area, I would really like to see what type of speeds you get.