SR needs to be exact?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
I noticed today that a blind scan picked up something that was listed as being there in Lyngsat but the SR was off by about 3 digits. Must that be an exact number or can a "little drift" be OK?

RT.

Usually what I have learned is that if its almost exact it should be good enough to lock onto. For example if I see one listed at 13235 I may lock onto it with mine around 13248 or so

I have found on the S9 the freq is more touchy for a lock. SR just seems to work if it is close. I've wondered about this too. Will being exact help picture freeze ups or stalls...glitches, you know...

We'll let an old expert jump in here.

I noticed today that a blind scan picked up something that was listed as being there in Lyngsat but the SR was off by about 3 digits. Must that be an exact number or can a "little drift" be OK?

RT.

depends on the receiver. Some need to be exactly on, others can have the SR off a little bit and still lock onto the signal. If you have a receiver where the SR can be loose, I would make the case that frequency is more important than the SR because if you are off enough in frequency, you won't lock the carrier despite how loose your receiver may allow the SR to be.

Status
Please reply by conversation.