SRL Says Alternate Procedure Not Working

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JMas493

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Upstate NY
I used Skyvision's alternate procedure. I have the color bars on W5/603, my channel count is 4782, I saved X4 at the same location, and I get the DMX audio on X4/900.

I have a digital lock on both W5 and X4, but the channels I am subscribed to say subscription required. I sent an e-mail to SRL and here is their reply:

Did you do full 7 step conversion? If not most customers can't get rehits or programming.
Service is active, I've sent rehits.

I used Skyvision's alternate procedure. I have the color bars on W5/603, my channel count is 4782, I saved X4 at the same location, and I get the DMX audio on X4/900.

I have a digital lock on both W5 and X4, but the channels I am subscribed to say subscription required. I sent an e-mail to SRL and here is their reply:

Did you do full 7 step conversion? If not most customers can't get rehits or programming.

I had the exact same issue and tried several rehits on 2 DSR922's (personal and my store's units) as I am a SRL dealer and have WebSAMS access. What I was noticing is that the units were still stuck on the 4096 EMM which is why they were missing all the rehits. You can verify this yourself by pressing OPTION 6 - 7 - 7 - 8 - 1 on STYLE at W5 216. If EMM Provider is still 4096, you need to clear the EMM provider by doing an authorization reset by pressing OPTION 6 - 7 - 7 - 8 - 0. You won't see any feedback on the screen when you do this but the EMM should have been cleared so press exit and OPTION 6 - 7 - 7 - 8 - 1 again and you will see that EMM Provider is now 0. Frequency should already be on 1430.000 if you were still on W5 216 so simply press OK to tune in to this frequency and get SRL to send a rehit to your receiver. Within a few seconds, the EMM Provider should change from 0 to 4160. Once this happens, exit then change to the X4 satellite and your services should be up and running.
I checked all my satellites and there are still there including all C and KU band generics so it appears to be safe to do an authorisation reset.

You can verify this yourself by pressing OPTION 6 - 7 - 7 - 8 - 1 on STYLE at W5 216. If EMM Provider is still 4096, you need to clear the EMM provider by doing an authorization reset by pressing OPTION 6 - 7 - 7 - 8 - 0.

When I press option / 6 i get a list of 6 more ending with sleep timer. I don't have an 8 (dsr-922) What am I missing ?

When I press option / 6 i get a list of 6 more ending with sleep timer. I don't have an 8 (dsr-922) What am I missing ?

The 7 and 8 options are hidden but if you press the keys in sequence, you will see the hidden menu. You have to use the number keys on your remote.

The 7 and 8 options are hidden but if you press the keys in sequence, you will see the hidden menu. You have to use the number keys on your remote.

Thx

Genna --> Satellite Guys Freshman

(figures I'd turn into a "regular" as soon as I posted this.. .because I now know the remote secret)

Yes - there seem to be some issues with the "alternate" set of instructions. The original testing was done when both streams were up and running. The process worked, and it worked well. But it appears that an unforseen technical issue has come to the surface now that the 4DTV stream is gone.

pwrsurge has had his own success by doing an authorization reset. (Good Job!)

Risking my own 4DTV unit, I tried the authorization reset as pwrsurge had listed in his steps, but still was not able to take a hit on the 4160 EMM provider.

As soon as I did the authorization reset on my 4DTV unit, I instantly lost video, and the EMM provider showed as 0, just as pwrsurge said in his post. I sent multiple hits to my 922 tuned to freq 1430, but didn't get any hits.

I tried a soft reset (pressing and holding power button for a few seconds). Couldn't take any hits, and still no video.

I pulled the power cord, and plugged it back in. I've got video again, but my EMM provider has gone back to 4096 and the receiver isn't taking any hits.

For now, I'm going to sit back and wait for some more feedback from the Skyvision techs.. I've got video, and I'm going to sit back for the day and see what types of breakthroughs are achieved.

To All:

There are some issues right now that I first became aware of late last night. I have given my thoughts to the right people on this. Now we need to test and see what may or may not work. Until we have results that work a number of times there are no promises that doing a 4 step method even with an AR will work. I hate to say this since I know you want to get up and running but if you want to keep the maps you will need to wait more if you can't get an AR to work. We are frustrated like you but with time a work around will be found I'm sure. This is why I only have Beta instructions on my site and never posted a final version. We needed to test in the environment we are in currently. If you need your programming now and an AR don't work your only option is an X4 brick. That does work. All I can say is don't give up hope, we are aware of this issue and seeing what can be done.

People tend to get anxious without their tv. For anybody who had a W5 subscription before January 4, the subscription channels are still running. My kids are watching Nick Jr this very moment.

The monthly key that is currently running in our 4DTV receivers should run until Feb 1. We've got a bit of time to work on the alternate steps in our current environment where the 4096 EMM provider is gone.

I'm very sure that the folks at Skyvision are all over it...

It is disappointing that the receivers aren't acting as hoped after the 4096 EMM stream went away, but I certainly haven't tossed in the towel yet.

The CK "Category Key" may run short of Feb first a few days but there is still time. You can't take a deauth hit since 4096 is dead so all that can happen is it will time out and go OC "Old Category. Hopefully something can be resolved by then. There is bound to be hurdles all along the way. I'm really ticked that all the wrath we are getting is because of NPS's doings by killing a perfectly good working system. I guess those SOB's are getting their last pound of flesh out of us one way or another. :mad:

Is there a way to find the EMM on a 920? Options 6-7-7-8-1 shows it on my 922, but not on my 920, so I don't know if the programming I am getting is left over from last month's key or if I have successfully made the transition. The channel count on my 920 is 5064. On my 922, which is still showing EMM 4096, the count is 4782.

Pwrsurge's method to change the EMM did not work on my 922.

If you took a hit from the Comcast SAC you will be on H2H. If you showed no change in your hit counter your probably stuck on 4096. Don't feel bad very few are having success at this time. I'm waiting for input right now from the people in charge.

I thought that it wasn't working for me either. I went to web_sams for a rehit and after 10 minutes still had a EMM of 0 so I shut off the 922 with the remote (did not unplug) and when I powered back on, the EMM was 4160. I now have DMX on X4. My clock is now off by 5 hours.

I had the exact same issue and tried several rehits on 2 DSR922's (personal and my store's units) as I am a SRL dealer and have WebSAMS access. What I was noticing is that the units were still stuck on the 4096 EMM which is why they were missing all the rehits. You can verify this yourself by pressing OPTION 6 - 7 - 7 - 8 - 1 on STYLE at W5 216. If EMM Provider is still 4096, you need to clear the EMM provider by doing an authorization reset by pressing OPTION 6 - 7 - 7 - 8 - 0. You won't see any feedback on the screen when you do this but the EMM should have been cleared so press exit and OPTION 6 - 7 - 7 - 8 - 1 again and you will see that EMM Provider is now 0. Frequency should already be on 1430.000 if you were still on W5 216 so simply press OK to tune in to this frequency and get SRL to send a rehit to your receiver. Within a few seconds, the EMM Provider should change from 0 to 4160. Once this happens, exit then change to the X4 satellite and your services should be up and running.
I checked all my satellites and there are still there including all C and KU band generics so it appears to be safe to do an authorisation reset.

I'm not doing anything yet. but the OPTION 6 - 7 - 7 - 8 - 1 on STYLE at W5 216 gives me a provider of 0 and all my subs are still playing.

Don't be fooled by still running on the old 4096 category keys. You have to show an EMM of 4160 taken a hit and yes (locked 0 Diag A) for everything to be on H2H SAC.

Have a question...I've tried twice doing rehits and both times my trip counter has increased in count is this misleading or is this receiver able to receive programming as the phones lines at SRL are plain busy and like to know before getting to them.

AI, W5, and X4 -- issues related to changing EMM providers

====================================================

'AI, W5, and X4 -- issues related to changing EMM providers and receiving hits'

Well this is just my speculation based on scant available data.

Possibly receivers like mine [Early 10yo, GI branded 922] that have an AI tile and a X4 tile may be at the root of the issue.

Mine has AI available when you hit the 'Sat' button
[list order from left to right is W5, X4, AI] on the remote control. But it is NOT in the list of available sats via Options 6,4,4. So it cannot be removed. And my X4 is ch. numbered almost the same as W5. W5 stops at 806, and my X4 stops at 856, and AI [when selected from 'Sat' button on 922 RC, and using ch. up button to increase ch. # before hitting enter] appears to go to 903, but as soon as you hit enter, it reverts to the W5 or X4 channel that you had been previously watching before you hit the 'Sat' button. Meaning you never get AI on the provided data when you are on a channel and touch the 'arrow' [any] key, or 'Exit' key, or 'Info' key.

All very strange and it is a reasonable assumption that these relate to the ability to successfully change over and receive a hit from EMM 4160.

If my receiver wasn't working correctly and well, I would consider changing to X4-216 and unplugging it for 30 seconds and then replugging to see if it uploads Comcast maps and corrects it's map issues.

My 922 has no hits and has not been on any DC2 sat since 12-29-2010 9:58 CST. It has no hits banked because I had a power failure a week ago and my professional APC1400 UPS had failed sometime and I didn't realize it until the power failure. This 922 previously had been subbed to almost all available channels as of early December, 2010.

Questions for 'pwrsurge'.....

1. What was your W5/X4/AI map situation before you performed the authorization reset on the 2 boxes?

2. Was there any old 'Hits' on Options 6,5 before you began?

For anyone that tries the authorization reset you need to collect as much data as possible before doing anything. Such as I have mentioned above. All this may help the Comcast engineers formulate a fix or workaround.

Last edited:
Correction to my above post all subs were working until I backed out of 6-7-7-8-1 now I get the cannot find ratings screen

New update --- Now it has changed to cannot find channel so something is still going on. With my 922 may be because I had it parked on a non DCII satellite for a while???

Last edited:
Dude Jeff at satforums seemed to get it going easy using w5, with a 920 even loaded the guide. 4dtv general section title IT WORKED.

1) Go to X4 216
2) Do an Auth reset Options 67780
3) Go to Websams. Use the option to Activate Service, then send a rehit

Mine is working on EMM provider 4160, and all satellite tiles are still intact! Woo Hoo!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts