SRL's Hits2Home Packages & Prices (Take a Deep Breath & Assume a Sitting Position)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TheTechGuru

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
Texas
http://www.programming-center.net/h2hpricinh.pdf

ifmnnc.jpg

Last edited:
LOL, we posted at the same time. Mine's in the Skyvision thread.

Those prices are pretty hard to swallow. I can't imagine what they're thinking.

Cheers

LOL, we posted at the same time. Mine's in the Skyvision thread.

Those prices are pretty hard to swallow. I can't imagine what they're thinking.

Cheers

Well, news like this deserves it's own thread and SRL's prices really should not be posted under Skyvision as they are separate companies that work together.

They're going to alienate half their potential customers with prices like these. I put $8 aside to get the Discovery Suite today and I'm pretty PO'd to find out I can't get it. Hopefully my Discovery 3 Pak that is still working will last until the end of the month when I can afford to just get the SuperPAK.

When the wife asks how much Discovery pack was, and how much it is now... she won't care that the old price was C3 & the new price is X4.

But she will understand that the quarterly price went from $4.83 per month, to $12.66 per month. She won't think it's up just a "little bit". The first thing she'll ask is "how much would it cost to add those channels to our Dish Network package"? Considering that our DSR-922 isn't a DVR, and our 211k is...

Cheers

If you look at things SRL in general didn't do a price increase last year. And everything keeps going up. If you look at Pizza's prices these are pretty good. I'm sure SRL needs a bit of cashflow to keep things moving forward so cut them some slack, or the 4160 EMM will go buy buy and so will all C band programming.

Well, news like this deserves it's own thread and SRL's prices really should not be posted under Skyvision as they are separate companies that work together...

You're right. I should've made a new thread or waited for this one.

Cheers

If you look at things SRL in general didn't do a price increase last year. And everything keeps going up. If you look at Pizza's prices these are pretty good. I'm sure SRL needs a bit of cashflow to keep things moving forward so cut them some slack, or the 4160 EMM will go buy buy and so will all C band programming.

I hear ya buddy, and I really appreciate all you've done to move this foreward. But with an increase of that magnitude... they had to expect a little sticker shock.

Cheers

Agreed. We wanted choice over "pizza" and its there. Hopefully to grow. If the price is a buck or three different here or there, isn't that better than long-term contracts, leases on equipment, and penalties for cancelling subscriptions early with other services? I like the ability to change programming and turn it on and off seasonally or adjust it. Let's give it a chance. Much work went in to keeping our options open!

And, with one e-mail (or just by chance) SRL also got my Websams to show BOTH the 4D unit (which I am not subbing-with,) and my DSR-410. (Only the 4D unit ID showed for the past month.) Talk about options! When the dust setlles, I may end up using the big receiver again. No phone call was needed, and my services ae all fine.

Look at it this way...

Check out NPS's latest package offers! :D

There is no uplinking fee! :up

Some of those channels in the Super Pak would sure cost a lot of dough at charlie's pizza!!! You would have to go with a package costing about $65! :eek:

i am going to stay with the starz pack if you look at what the small dish peeps offer and what it cost and compare to what you get on srl which is alot more channels the price is not any higher

$20.99/month or $379.99/year???

Fuzzy math....or maybe I just don't get it?

I'm going to bet that in the rush to get this posted (we've all waited-for the website) they didn't have much chance for proofing. I have that happen even when I stare at a site I work-on regularly, and someone finds my mistakes. There's been much pushing to get all this to go public.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)