STAB 90 Dish Motor Needs More Power!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am now confused... sorry! Want to clarify before inquiring about potential hardware or firmware issues.

Blind scan is associated with detecting and logging transponders within a specific frequency range and not the service logging of TV / Radio channels.

In the Service Scan / Network Scan menu does your H7S log and automatically add new transponder frequencies / symbol rates to the transponder list if they were not already manually entered or were pre populated in the transponder list? If so, this is Blind Scanning. Mine does not find new transponder frequencies / symbol rates and add them to the transponder list. Transponders must be manually added to the transponder list in order to log TV and Radio channels.

Or

In the Service Scan / Network Scan menu does your H7S log new TV and/or Radio channels that are not previously existing in the channel list if the transponder frequency and symbol rate are pre populated in the transponder list? If so, this is an example of Network Scanning. Mine logs new TV and Radio services if the transponder is manually or pre populated in the transponder list prior to performing a network scan.

Thanks for clarifying the network scan function.

I am now confused... sorry! Want to clarify before inquiring about potential hardware or firmware issues.

Blind scan is associated with detecting and logging transponders within a specific frequency range and not the service logging of TV / Radio channels.

In the Service Scan / Network Scan menu does your H7S log and automatically add new transponder frequencies / symbol rates to the transponder list if they were not already manually entered or were pre populated in the transponder list? If so, this is Blind Scanning. Mine does not find new transponder frequencies / symbol rates and add them to the transponder list. Transponders must be manually added to the transponder list in order to log TV and Radio channels.

Or

In the Service Scan / Network Scan menu does your H7S log new TV and/or Radio channels that are not previously existing in the channel list if the transponder frequency and symbol rate are pre populated in the transponder list? If so, this is an example of Network Scanning. Mine logs new TV and Radio services if the transponder is manually or pre populated in the transponder list prior to performing a network scan.

Thanks for clarifying the network scan function.

Well, right now I'm back over the road in my Semi-Truck for the next several days, so I won't be able to do much until I get home again. When I get more time, I can do several more scanning experiments, including to see if the box will store any new TP's manually entered into it.

My H7S being brand new on OpenATV 6.0, it did already have the entire satellite list stored into memory, including the European ones, I did also see an existing TP list (not table form) that seemed to match up with what I saw on Sathint. I was doing satellite searches for the first time and getting a fresh list of channels. I could see the TP's being scanned, so I figured it was maybe also getting new TP's as well as looking at the existing ones.

I was assuming at the time, **probably now incorrectly**, that if I did a Network Scan, it would do a though search of the Satellite for anything new, as Iceberg one time posted about here on the forum.

I do understand and agree with you, that Blind Scan is gathering new frequencies and TP's not currently already stored in memory off the Sat. From being told from the specs and elsewhere, I was lead to believe that an Automatic Scan or even Manual Scan was by default a Blind Scan, but as you have been finding out, that may not necessarily be the case. So I can admit if I had something in the complete specs and discussion with the owner if I misunderstood something. I don't know if you opened the cover to your H7S, but the tuners are interchangeable as long as the pin layout matches.

I have seen several software Plugins I could download to my H7S, called BlindScan, I have tried one of these plugins and couldn't get it to work, possibly because it's designed for Europe, or incomplete. I can try other plugins for Blind Scanning to see if they work.

For now, the easiest experiment you can try, it to tune into a good known Wild Feed today or this week on your Linkbox or whatever you have. While that new Wild Feed is still broadcasting, go to the H7S and try the various Service Searching methods to see if that new Wild Feed will automatically appear or not on its own without manually entering in the TP info.

If it doesn't show up, then you are correct as always, Blind Scan isn't available on the H7S yet; other than separate software Plugin. Even if it's not, you can still manually enter in the newly discovered TP from Ricks Wild Feeds or wherever, and hopefully the new TP will remain in memory for later. That's something I haven't had time to do yet.

I hope this helps, and try to give the new box a chance!! It just barely came out two weeks ago, give it alot more time. Nothing says you can't sign up for the OpenATV or OpenPLi forums to make software or firmware suggestions, that's what I did! I'm sure once they know it's you, they will immediately shake in their shoes in fear and immediately bow down to you. LOL! Nothing says either that you and Michael KE4EST can't team up to write your own plugins for this box, or an entire new Enigma 2 Based Linux Firmware designed for the US, right?? How about that idea?

The two best firmwares that I know will work are OpenATV and OpenPLi, I can go back to reflashing my box back to OpenATV a little later to play with it more. But I like to give these new cutting edge boxes a good fair shake, coming up with new solutions instead of just discarding it out the gate.

You are misunderstanding my posts. I am not putting down the H7S, just trying to clarify if it has blind scan. No need for snarky remarks... Will look forward to your further testing and letting us know what you find when you get back home.

The E2 plug-ins are developed for specific hardware configurations. Once the plug in supports a specific hardware configuration, it will work on any DVBS compliant signal anywhere in the world. Likely the plug ins that you downloaded are not yet supporting the H7S.

You are misunderstanding my posts. I am not putting down the H7S, just trying to clarify if it has blind scan. No need for snarky remarks... Will look forward to your further testing and letting us know what you find when you get back home.

Snarky remarks, huh? Well, maybe I will and maybe I won't then. When nobody ever takes me seriously on this forum, and gives me snarky unchallenged remarks of their own on almost everything, I'm driven to fight back for my humility by putting things out there how I see it, that's all; plain and simple. Last I checked we are all supposed to be on the same level as everyone else, not better, working towards the same helpful goal.

But maybe see how well it goes.

Christopher, I do not see where anyone has not taken you seriously nor gave any reason for you to fight back.
You have said this before, yet still nothing to back it up. Perhaps you are confusing us with a different forum or Facebook.
You got over excited and made a mistake. Did anyone curse you, call you names, or put you down? No? Then why have you had a chip on your shoulder the last few posts?

You are correct, we are all here working toward the same helpful goal and that includes you. So no need for the drama, there are plenty more places on the internet for that, if that is your thing.

Going by your last few posts in this thread if we didn't know any better, we would have thought you were the owner of the company that made the H7S. At the very least you have came off as a paid spokesperson for them.
Go back and re-read your posts with a third person point of view, and an open mind and you will see why Titanium said snarky.

We are all a family of FTA enthusiasts, we love this hobby and are passionate about it.
We thank you for your time and review of this FTA receiver!

Reactions: . Raine and bigg t
I don't guess you saw the part where Brian referred to me as "Slim"? Don't you think that might come of as Snarky? But as usual, nothing gets said, Titainum gets defended as a King for always being right, regardless. Maybe both of you are misreading my posts too, like always? I suggested some things Brian can do himself to figure something out, and if not, join a forum to make suggestions, or maybe even make your own little program for the feature you want, right? Instead Brian isn't interested and now wants to start some Snarky fight because I somehow come across as bruising his California Power Ego, knowing you will always defend him; so I get ganged up on again worse!! Sound familiar??? Jeeze!! Maybe you and Brian need some time to point the fingers at yourselves to decide if maybe you have an undeserved chip on your shoulder too.
No, unlike you or Brian, I'm not looking for drama, but I would like to be treated better than that too.
I'm singing off, so no point in responding, you just keep ruining this hobby big time with your pride, what will that bring you on your Judgement Day??

"Slow down there Slim" is a cowboy term adopted from the old west and appeared in Westerns. Generalized, it means to step back and review the situation. It was not an insult or a snarky remark. If you took it as such, sorry! It is not meant to be derogatory.

I am attempting to have an informative exchange of factual information with you, void of drama. Could you take a step back and help the community learn the H7S features and functions? I remain interested in your report that the H7S can blind scan and await your testing report. If it does, great! If it doesn't, hopefully it is something that the factory/distributor can work on.

When I followed your network scanning instructions that you posted earlier, the H7S only scanned the preprogrammed transponders for channels. It did not add new transponders to the list or log TV or Radio channels. If your production model adds new transponders to the list, this will be great news and we will know the problem is with my sample.

Thank for your assistance!

Last edited:
Christopher you are doing nothing to help your case.
I suggest you take the few days, concentrate on your job and come back with a fresh mind when you get home.
We will be here. :) Drive safe!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts