OTHER stab usals installation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Moosebiker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 30, 2021
Florida
Hi All
Getting ready to set up a stab usals. Having issues on installation instructions I found online. They show the dish on top of the stab. Other sites show on bottom. If I put it per instructions the latitude scale is upside down and the cables with be on top not bottom.. Does it matter?

Thanks Clayton

Hi
It's a HH90 stab and a 36 in dish.
Thanks
Clayton

Attachments

• 20210606_133647.jpg
    20210606_133647.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 121
  • 20210606_133658.jpg
    20210606_133658.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 113
Hi
Thanks all... got it hooked up centered and lined up stab pointed everything 180°southward works ok but I'm off 2°

I set it for galaxy-19 97 west
Got galaxy 3 95 west

So I need to move it 2° more to the west correct?
Thanks Clayton

It may be that the motor azimuth is not correctly set on the mast or that the dish is not mounted parallel to the motor on the tube.

Drive the dish to the zero position using the USALS menu. Verify that the dish is mounted parallel to the motor. The simplest way to do this is to use a measuring tape and verify that the right edge of the dish and the left edge of the dish are the same distance when measured from the exact center of the mast to the the same point on each side of the reflector. If the measurement is not the same on each side, the dish is not mounted parallel to the motor. The dish must be initially mounted parallel to the motor, or it will not track the arc . If not parallel, the mount needs to be rotated on the motor tube until both sides are the exact measurement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)