Standalone Spectrum Analyzer

spongella

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2012
Central NJ
Hi guys,

Hope everyone is well.

Looking for a new or used entry level RF spec analyzer, wondering if anyone has recommendations. No need for a tracking generator, want to keep the cost down. Range should be 1 meg to 1 gig at least, higher okay too. Looking at the used market, see some Avcoms, GW Insteks, BK Precisions, and Rigols. The older Avcoms look pretty decent, they run around 300 - 400 dollars used. Instek has an entry level model at about 8 1/2 bills that goes to 3 gigs. Not in a rush so wondering what others have used and their opinions.
Thanks!

I use the Avcom PSA-37D. I have three of them, I bought a brand-new one maybe 15 years ago, and still going strong, since that I picked up two used ones for about 500 bucks @. I leave two of them at couple remote electronic sites for measuring OTA signals, it works pretty good. The only issue is that the battery wears out after a couple years but they work great just plugging them into the power outlet.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: spongella
Finally got one, an GW Instek GSP-810 from a fellow ham at a great price. Has neat demodulator option so you can listen to the signals. Old-school CRT type, 16 pounds and takes up a lot of space. Always good when you buy from another ham.

Happy Easter and Passover to all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)