Standalone Spectrum Analyzer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

spongella

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2012
Central NJ
Hi guys,

Hope everyone is well.

Looking for a new or used entry level RF spec analyzer, wondering if anyone has recommendations. No need for a tracking generator, want to keep the cost down. Range should be 1 meg to 1 gig at least, higher okay too. Looking at the used market, see some Avcoms, GW Insteks, BK Precisions, and Rigols. The older Avcoms look pretty decent, they run around 300 - 400 dollars used. Instek has an entry level model at about 8 1/2 bills that goes to 3 gigs. Not in a rush so wondering what others have used and their opinions.
Thanks!

I use the Avcom PSA-37D. I have three of them, I bought a brand-new one maybe 15 years ago, and still going strong, since that I picked up two used ones for about 500 bucks @. I leave two of them at couple remote electronic sites for measuring OTA signals, it works pretty good. The only issue is that the battery wears out after a couple years but they work great just plugging them into the power outlet.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: spongella
Finally got one, an GW Instek GSP-810 from a fellow ham at a great price. Has neat demodulator option so you can listen to the signals. Old-school CRT type, 16 pounds and takes up a lot of space. Always good when you buy from another ham.

Happy Easter and Passover to all!