Star Choice New Channel Alert-ABC-W HD ch 295

Yes, finally KOMO returns after 2 years. It was one of the most shown channels when SC had omnibus HD channels.

It has also been reported that on Sept 27, 2 HD PPV channels will be added that will be used for NHL CI HD as well. And supposedly, RDS HD will be added later when all the SD services are moved off F2 tr 25 after SC said they would not add it at this time. Looks like it pays off to email/call SC to ask for specific HD.

I checked on ABCHD West and while it's on, I'm getting a lot of breakup. Is this channel 8psk? By the way, last night and this morning I noticed that The National Geographic Channel is black. I get an okay signal strength, but no picture. My receiver is a 505a.

I checked on ABCHD West and while it's on, I'm getting a lot of breakup. Is this channel 8psk? By the way, last night and this morning I noticed that The National Geographic Channel is black. I get an okay signal strength, but no picture. My receiver is a 505a.

I have been getting a lot of breakups since the new software arrived. My signal has not changed. It is not great, in the 7.0-8.5 range. It varies with the clouds I guess. It seems like I need 8.5+ to not get breakups. Here in So Cal, I have not been able to get that good of a signal on channels that come for the weaker of the two sats. Most of the HD channels are ok, but most of the SD channel are no longer usable with a signal in the 6.5-7.5 range.

I am looking into getting a dual-dish setup with bigger dishes. I know someone 100 miles or so north of me who is getting signals in the 8.5-9.5 range with the standard 75E dish and he is not getting any breakups. I am hoping that I can get into that range with 90CM dishes.

I have a dual dish setup here in Phoenix and the BEST I ever got was 8.0 on the strongest transponders. If I get 6.0 I'm usually happy. Looks like I may be in trouble.

I have been getting a lot of breakups since the new software arrived. My signal has not changed. It is not great, in the 7.0-8.5 range. It varies with the clouds I guess. It seems like I need 8.5+ to not get breakups. Here in So Cal, I have not been able to get that good of a signal on channels that come for the weaker of the two sats. Most of the HD channels are ok, but most of the SD channel are no longer usable with a signal in the 6.5-7.5 range.

I am looking into getting a dual-dish setup with bigger dishes. I know someone 100 miles or so north of me who is getting signals in the 8.5-9.5 range with the standard 75E dish and he is not getting any breakups. I am hoping that I can get into that range with 90CM dishes.

Yeah I just lost my signal altogether. Did they change the satellite coordinates or just did it get further away?

Any solutions?

Thakns

Nothing is changed on Anik F1R (SD channels). So if you are having a problem, it's due to dish misalignment.

As for Anik F2; the 8PSK HD signals are being sent with less FEC (Error Correction) than QPSK HD and SD signals. This is to max the usable HD bitrate as much as possible.

If realignment doesn't help, larger separate dishes will be the only answer.

Nothing is changed on Anik F1R (SD channels). So if you are having a problem, it's due to dish misalignment.

As for Anik F2; the 8PSK HD signals are being sent with less FEC (Error Correction) than QPSK HD and SD signals. This is to max the usable HD bitrate as much as possible.

If realignment doesn't help, larger separate dishes will be the only answer.

Maybe nothing changed F1R, but for some reason when the software goes from CC to E4, channel 310 becomes unusable (and most F1R channels). I have seen it 4 times, as my receivers got updated one by one and I lost picture / sound quality one by one. I had good picture on CC in one room and poor picture in another on E4 with the same dish. F1R is weaker here in So Cal. Nothing has changed on it, but somehow both my DSR530 and DSR505 have a strong reduction of picture quality in weak channels with E4.

I am in the process of setting up two 36" dishes. I hope that takes care of it.

Need help with Dual-Dish setup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)