star trak eight manual request.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crackt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2007
101w up north.
please and thanks if anyone has it available. i just scored this reciever and it appears to have base band output. id like to use it to hunt. need any info the community can muster on it will be appreciated. thanks again.

crackt out,.

crackt, I don't see your exact model in this list but maybe this will help:

Receiver List

thanks for the reply phlatwound. i had read thru that site already. some of the info seemed similar enuff to play with the reciever somewhat. how did these old recievers tune analog ? were the tp frequencies spaced evenly or different for each satellite ? i can adjust the frequency +/- 15 mhz so im assuming this reciever would work well for basebanding symbol rates. the positioner is pooched so its not good for anything else. im really after info on what frequencies correspond to what channels on each sat. i didnt see any way to program them with an osd so im assuming it was firmware based updating ? and the old analog charts should be known. so id think i could use them as well. thats if i buy a blsa. im kinda swaying towards the prof pc cards. my time may be better spent on its alleged s2 blindscan abilities. thanks again.

crackt out,.

hi crackt :) did you find a manual? I picked up a BUD today and the rcvr was a Star Trak 8. Included was a manual. I'm new to FTA so i couldn't find an answer to your original quesion.

Someone asked me for my copy about 8 or nine months ago, but I was in the middle of moving. Well I found the sucker a couple of nights ago. I can take it to the office with me tomorrow and scan it as a pdf or tif file if it is wanted by anyone. It is a Star Trak Eight Plus manual.

Startrak 800

I recently found a Startrak 800 at a second hand shop for 5 bones, so wat the hey?

Thanks 4 the pretty darn close manual. theres a few features an options on here that are a tad bit different, but HEY! I'll work with it. I'm able to access the on screen display menu's using the 4 frt panel access buttons (function/select/ch-up/ch-dn). I got a pgm/run switch on the back and I'm going to be using a 33.5" x 30.5" old metal *choce dish w/ the Ku band prolly on G19.

Haven't had any luck finding the bird with this unit so I'm gonna try my Coolsat 6000 and a sat finder meter.

Judging by the amount of posts you have made it might be quite possible i'll be asking you a few questions regarding this new 2 me type satellite feeds.

Can find any bell or dish bird within minutes just by feel using my Dish, Bell, CS or VS, but thats using a circular lnb. I believe I'm spose to be using the linear *choice type lnb to p/u the ku band on G19.

Any comments/help/pointers much appreciated.

Thanks

i have the model startrak 600 with the 10 ft dish and the superjack 2X-Q8 but i don't have the manual, can someone have this and if it is pocible upload here

Status
Please reply by conversation.