Star Trek Discovery

What if this season tanks?

As I understand it, it does not matter. CBS outsmarted Netflix. Netflix, which owns the rights to the show everywhere except the USA and Canada, pays CBS enough to cover its production costs plus a tidy profit. Whatever CBS makes in North America is just gravy. The term of the contract is supposedly the Star Trek standard of seven years. Thus Netflix is forced to pay for material it does not want as long as CBS decides to make it. So every time a new season starts expect a similar announcement.

CBS' international deals for its other ST shows are not nearly as CBS friendly. Picard, which is on Amazon elsewhere, and its new cartoon show, which it still cannot get an international distributor at all, are on its dime.

Reactions: DialgaChampion
Lol I get that, but the thread has been here before the show aired, and the series has been discussed since then.

Information about prior seasons can hardly be considered spoilers , even if some haven’t seen it by their own choice.
If people who are only watching it OTA want, they can easily create a new thread with no spoilers allowed beyond the OTA showings.

There should be no spoiler tags required here as the people discussing the thread have been posting here for past few years.

If people who are only watching it OTA want, they can easily create a new thread with no spoilers allowed beyond the OTA showings.

There should be no spoiler tags required here as the people discussing the thread have been posting here for past few years.
I'm recording on my DVR so I can binge watch it after the last episode so by that time I'll probably forget what you guys said anyway. :)

Haven't we decided in other threads, if you haven't seen the current episode(s), just stay out of the thread till you have caught up ...

That doesn't seem like its very hard to do.
Yes but if you're recording to binge watch you'll probably forget what's said in this thread anyway as long as you don't go back and read the older posts.

Reactions: TheKrell
We know Georgiou will go back to the 23rd century to start her own Section 31 series, so maybe the revelation about the fate of the Terrans will prompt her to go back to a time when she can still access the Mirror Universe.

I'm thinking, by their (her and the interviewer) conversation, Starfleet and The Federation isn't exactly what it used to be and that the Admiral isn't as in-charge as he thinks he is. Also, what happened to AdiraTal? She disappeared early on in the episode for a medical exam and wasn't seen after that (unless I missed something?)...

Episode #6 of Season 1 was pre-empted with political bs. I tried to watch it OnDemand, but it won't give me the option to either watch or record it. It is on the list, but I cannot watch it.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell