Star Trek Discovery

I recently marathon re-watched the 2004 series all the way through, (including all the movies) and found it even better than the original 'watch as it aired'. It's absolute genius, IMO. From beginning to end. They absolutely hit it out of the park...
Binge Watching, in my opinion, can make a good show seem a lot better then watching it weekly.

But BSG ( the newer one) is great no matter what, even my wife, who hates Sci-Fi, thought it was wonderful and she is someone who thinks Food Network has great content ( shows).

Is the computer‘s name an homage to Lazarus Long’s ship, Dora?

Except Discovery’s name is Zora, not Dora. I thought it was close enough that someone might have come up with it.

Reactions: TheKrell
Huh. I guess I'm the only one still watching ST Discovery.
I’m watching it, mainly because I am an unashamed Trekkie and I discuss it, in person and on line, and there isn’t going to be a ST show that somebody is going to bring up and I am (or could get by with) saying “I never saw it”.

But it just isn’t any good. It just isn’t anything like any other ST show. Even the bad series/movies on a bad run were light years ahead of STD.

No spoilers, but the last episode just screamed STAR WARS in as loud a voice as possible.

I can’t wait for The Orville to return. They get it.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
But it just isn’t any good. It just isn’t anything like any other ST show. Even the bad series/movies on a bad run were light years ahead of STD.
I tried to watch Star Trek Lower Decks and I just couldn't stomach it. Such juvenile crap would never happen on a starship IMHO. Are you saying you think STD is worse than STLD? :eeek

Another animated show, ST The Animated Series, I started watching and, while the stories were good, the cheap animation and short episodes kind of left me so unexcited I never watched the rest.