Star Trek: Picard

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I thought the episode was so so. I need to see more episodes to find out how good or bad this one was.

Picard is on CBS All Access, not Prime. However, you can subscribe to CBS All Access through Amazon channels if you're a Prime member.

Yes, that was my point above. I have subscribed to both Epix and Cinemax for short periods in the past to watch a specific show. In both cases it was cheaper through Amazon Prime than through Xfinity.

Reactions: TheKrell
As far as I could tell (I just went thru the CBS AA App as well as Amazon Prime to make sure I could get it and as far as I know it is free for the 1st week, somewhere I saw the 1st month ...) its the same price everywhere ... $5.99 p/m or I think its $10.99 for commercial free and that allows you to also Download to other devices ...
Which I was planning to do for my upcoming flight, but now that I know its one week at a time, I wasted that opportunity.

And seeing I can't get Season 1 of Young Sheldon, getting the CBSAA at this point was a waste.

I thought Picard was pretty good, we'll see what the next several episodes have in store .. or cancel and watch it all in a week or two and save money.

Not a fan after the first episode.

I'm tired of all the edgy "grimdark" Trek. I want another series that's about exploring moral issues while also illustrating what humanity should aspire to be. The best thing about The Next Generation was its utopian vision of the future. We already have plenty of depressing grimdark sci-fi that's on right now. I don't need to continue to be reminded of the vile nature of our species.

My other big issue with this series was the pro-pitbull propaganda. What in the hell did I just watch? A pitbull bringing home a dead bird? In real life that would have been a small dog or a child in its mouth. Then that scene where the lady calmly walks up to Picard and the pitbull goes charging at her and Picard just sits there acting like it's perfectly normal for his pitbull to charge at strangers. If a pitbull charged me like that then my firearm would have come out.

I know that Patrick Stewart is a pit nutter in real life but it's disappointing to see that they've allowed him to infect this show with that nonsense.

I'm tired of all the edgy "grimdark" Trek. I want another series that's about exploring moral issues while also illustrating what humanity should aspire to be. The best thing about The Next Generation was its utopian vision of the future. We already have plenty of depressing grimdark sci-fi that's on right now. I don't need to continue to be reminded of the vile nature of our species.

I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but if the supposed leaks are true that starting with S1E4, the show goes "full std", then I'm going to be very angry.

At least the first episode was miles better than Discovery, mostly thanks to better acting, but you can still see the flaws in it. For instance, at the beginning, we saw the Enterprise-D near Mars, but we all know the D was destroyed in Generations, and that took place before Romulus and Mars exploding, so if anything they should've been on the E instead -- though you could argue it was only a dream. They talk about the shipyards on Mars being destroyed, but last I checked, shipyards were always in space, in orbit, not on the ground. Also, I still don't understand how they were trying to explain cloning Data using a piece of his brain because he's a machine, not a real person with DNA. And then when that girl exploded and sent Picard flying backwards on top of that building, you'd think he'd have a serious concussion or injuries based on how far he flew, but no, he seemed perfectly fine.

It's still "Klutzman" Trek though, so I'm not that surprised and I'm also not setting the bar too high. Made by people who don't know Star Trek, aimed towards people who don't like Star Trek.

Also, not sure if anyone picked up on this, but in the credits... 19 producers and 5 writers.

How many producers does it take to produce one single episode of Star Trek? :rolleyes:

My other big issue with this series was the pro-pitbull propaganda. What in the hell did I just watch? A pitbull bringing home a dead bird? In real life that would have been a small dog or a child in its mouth. Then that scene where the lady calmly walks up to Picard and the pitbull goes charging at her and Picard just sits there acting like it's perfectly normal for his pitbull to charge at strangers. If a pitbull charged me like that then my firearm would have come out.

I know that Patrick Stewart is a pit nutter in real life but it's disappointing to see that they've allowed him to infect this show with that nonsense.
First of all, as was discussed in most of the info leading up to the show, this is NOT NG.
This is 20 years later .
Picard did not want to do another NG .

I liked it, but then I like Patrick Stewart, so that helped ...
Were only 1 episode in, if your going to judge it by 1 episode, your a tough one to use for a review.

Now, its also clear that you have a 1 sided view of Pit Bulls ...

While I am always leary of them as well ....
I dal with dogs though out the day at work, all kinds, and yes, I ask that they be put up when coming in the home.
Not ALL Pits are that way.

I have a close friend that has a Pit and shes a great dog that wouldn't harm anyone.

Its all how they are brought up.
Too many people teach thiers to be vicious and thats where the breed gets thier bad name.

Particularly when the owner is present you generally have no issues, which is what happened when #1 met the girl in the show.

Reactions: Derwin0 and dfergie
I dal with dogs though out the day at work, all kinds, and yes, I ask that they be put up when coming in the home.
Not ALL Pits are that way.

I have a close friend that has a Pit and shes a great dog that wouldn't harm anyone.

Its all how they are brought up.
Too many people teach thiers to be vicious and thats where the breed gets thier bad name.

That is a falsehood. It is a genetic defect with the breed, intentionally bred in by the worst members our species has to offer. It is irrelevant whether an owner has intentionally tried to stimulate their natural aggressiveness or not. All pitbulls have the unpredictability factor built into their genetic code. That unpredictability combined with their strength and relentless drive to never stop an attack until either they are dead or their victim is dead is always a disaster waiting to happen.

I have plenty of video footage of pitbulls turning on their owners. Even when raised in a loving home they revert to their instincts far too frequently to be an animal you can consider to always be safe. I don't consider them to be fully domesticated animals and neither does anyone else who is rational. With all the other pet and dog breed options available you have to have a screw loose to think playing Russian roulette with your pet is a good idea.

In fact, I have far less documented incidents of pitbulls turning on an abusive owner vs. pitbulls turning on their owners who treated them well, or innocent bystanders and pets.

Do you know why? The kind of people who use pitbulls for their aggressiveness are well aware of the breed's danger and keep them appropriately controlled. It's always some naive white suburb dweller with a savior complex who thinks that they alone are going to be the one who can overcome an animal's genetic programming and turn it into a little angel who are the ones that are getting mauled or having their maulers get loose and go after others.

Reactions: primestar31
That is a falsehood. It is a genetic defect with the breed, intentionally bred in by the worst members our species has to offer. It is irrelevant whether an owner has intentionally tried to stimulate their natural aggressiveness or not. All pitbulls have the unpredictability factor built into their genetic code. That unpredictability combined with their strength and relentless drive to never stop an attack until either they are dead or their victim is dead is always a disaster waiting to happen.

I have plenty of video footage of pitbulls turning on their owners. Even when raised in a loving home they revert to their instincts far too frequently to be an animal you can consider to always be safe. I don't consider them to be fully domesticated animals and neither does anyone else who is rational. With all the other pet and dog breed options available you have to have a screw loose to think playing Russian roulette with your pet is a good idea.

In fact, I have far less documented incidents of pitbulls turning on an abusive owner vs. pitbulls turning on their owners who treated them well, or innocent bystanders and pets.

Do you know why? The kind of people who use pitbulls for their aggressiveness are well aware of the breed's danger and keep them appropriately controlled. It's always some naive white suburb dweller with a savior complex who thinks that they alone are going to be the one who can overcome an animal's genetic programming and turn it into a little angel who are the ones that are getting mauled or having their maulers get loose and go after others.
Fwiw, I didn't say I trusted ANY of them ....

I don't trust ANY persons that I have to work at ...
I am relatively comfortable in this ones situation, would never say that about all ...
[automerge]1580253835[/automerge]
Anyways, I now have something to watch on Thursdays !

Reactions: dfergie
At least the first episode was miles better than Discovery, mostly thanks to better acting, but you can still see the flaws in it. For instance, at the beginning, we saw the Enterprise-D near Mars, but we all know the D was destroyed in Generations, and that took place before Romulus and Mars exploding, so if anything they should've been on the E instead -- though you could argue it was only a dream.
It was clearly a dream, Enterprise D was his ship for awhile so naturally it would be in his thoughts.

Reactions: Ronnie-