Star Trek: Picard

Just read online that Picard season 2 will get into some time travel shenanigans. They will go back to 2024 where Deep Space 9 went during the "Bell Riots" set in L. A. of same year . America has entered a autocratic period and the homeless, mentally ill, etc are sequestered in Districts that are in every major city. They have no connection to the world and America has no idea what is going on in those districts. Sisco ends up taking the place of the Glenn Bell who was given credit for the riots, since he gets in the way and the real Bell dies. I just rewatched these two episodes of Deep Space 9 on Netflix. Season 3 "Past Tense"- two parter episode. Everyone should rewatch them for themselves so they will be familiar with the entire premise they are setting up for Picard.

So they will most likely be revisiting the same area and topics that they did. In Star Trek history the 3 world war starts in 2026 between the U.S. and Econ- An eastern nation. All cities on the world are destroyed and 600 million people are killed. Then by 2063 they the Vulcans will meet what is left of man kind ,like they did in the Next Gen movie Star trek : First Contact. This sets the earth to unite and stop tearing themselves apart like we have since time began and then to creating Star Fleet.

Reactions: Zookster
Thursday, March 3rd, is the premiere of the second season of “Picard”. But you all knew that… ;)

Reactions: DWS44
Thursday is March 3...the kickoff day.
That’s what I said, I edited my post after looking at the calendar… ;)

Everyone here should know I post first then edit later. I used to work as a journalist when I was younger; some habits are hard to shake…

Reactions: Jimbo
I just finished watching the DS9 two-parter Past Tense, which I hear might be a better way to prep for the new season than rewatching season 1 of Picard (which I really don't have time for).

Reactions: DWS44
I wonder if the new Picard season will reference and pick up on what happened in DS9's Past Tense or retcon it. At the very least, maybe clear up a plot hole or two. Starting with . . .

The guards who were hostages and became sympathetic said they'd help Sisko (aka Gabriel Bell) and Bashir escape by putting their IDs on corpses. But in the final scene we see Sisko's picture in the intragalactic Wikipedia article for Gabriel Bell. Sisko was very careful about not becoming the "face" of the uprising and hostage taking (assigning that unemployed middle-age father to fill that role) and the ID had the real Gabriel Bell's photo. So how did anyone get Sisko's photo?

Plot hole #2: If the guards put their IDs on corpses, it would've been obvious the faces didn't match, since we didn't see any corpses burned beyond recognition. Just people who presumably got shot. That would've raised a lot of questions, including the likelihood that the real Gabriel Bell escaped, and thus did not in fact martyr himself to protect the hostages, which was the historical moment Sisko and Co. were trying to preserve.

Hard to expect anything good with Will Wheaton involved.
Yeah, he was way WAY overused in STNG. But... One of my favorite episodes was Remember Me where his warp bubble caught his mom into a tiny universe that was collapsing.

I re-watched the Season 2 first episode, this time with CC enabled since I wasn’t clear what was being said the first time through during the flashback scene with Picard’s mother.

I had intended to just watch that scene, but ended up watching the whole thing. We’ll see if it turns into “First Contact” or “The Voyage Home” from here.