Star Trek: Picard

I'm curious if Agnes and the Borg queen combo made a difference in the stories up to now. I mean if she went back 400 years and started the Borg Assimilation to make it more friendly and the brain is Agnes brain, wouldn't that mean all the Borg story lines up to now would now be erased or changed so they never happened the way they were originally portrayed. Picard would of never been Locutes and assimilated back in the original Next Generation series and the Voyager Ending would be different now as well. Especially since Capt. Janeway and here older self Admiral Janeway teamed up to use the Borg transwarp conduit worm hole to get home from the Delta quandrant so much sooner. Wouldn't that Borg queen never have existed now? I guess they won't address the holes in all the shows that now would of been changed or never happened due to Agnes taking over the Borg Queen's job over 400 years earlier.
^ That was one of my two biggest issues with the ending, that it apparently upends everything Borg related in the entre ST universe, including events of the first season of Pircard (no derelict Borg ship or Hugh). My other issue is how forgiving Picard was in the end. Even if Tallinn got a better timeline and Elnor came back, Q still put everyone through hell (as usual) just so Picard could learn his lesson about releasing the past and forgiving himself. Seven almost died, Rios got shot, Raffi roughed up and almost killed, and Jurati was assimilated. And Q set Soong down an even darker path. Not to mention all the soldiers who got killed after being assimilated. Yet, Q and Picard embraced at the end like it was all good, even better than good.

This article offers a lot of backstory and speculation about the Project Khan folder. It could just be an Easter egg or it could be tied to something more nefarious, possibly involving a spinoff series.

I'm curious if Agnes and the Borg queen combo made a difference in the stories up to now. I mean if she went back 400 years and started the Borg Assimilation to make it more friendly and the brain is Agnes brain, wouldn't that mean all the Borg story lines up to now would now be erased or changed so they never happened the way they were originally portrayed. Picard would of never been Locutes and assimilated back in the original Next Generation series and the Voyager Ending would be different now as well. Especially since Capt. Janeway and here older self Admiral Janeway teamed up to use the Borg transwarp conduit worm hole to get home from the Delta quandrant so much sooner. Wouldn't that Borg queen never have existed now? I guess they won't address the holes in all the shows that now would of been changed or never happened due to Agnes taking over the Borg Queen's job over 400 years earlier.
I have to agree. After watching it Sunday, the writers essentially took the Borg from TNG through Picard, and threw it away. Seven was never Seven of Nine, Picard was never Locutus of Borg and for all we know, Voyager may have never made it home from the Delta quadrant. Borg ships are evidently not cubes now either. Other than tying up the story and writing Q and Rios out, they wrecked the Borg (best "bad guys" Trek ever had)...

They just call it a different timeline and be good with it.
Personally, I don't like the "Other " ST stuff with other timelines in them, but thats just me.

Unless they are two Borg Queens that exist at the same time. Agnes being the one that does more than assimilate species and is more cooperative and the orignal Borg we saw all along. The transwarp conduit may be where the old Borg species comes through to try to take over this quadrant of space. I know of no other species that uses these except the Care taker in Voyager and of course in the ending of Voyage where Capt. Janeway used the conduit to get home sooner and then blow up the network of the conduits to keep the Borg from getting to earth. Next season we might end up with a Borg off between the original and Agnes/Borg queen. Either way they are setting up the new issue for next season with this Transwarp conduit and Agnes and her Borg guarding it.

Reactions: Derwin0
It's safe to assume that folder he pulled out of his desk drawer isn't about him planning a kids birthday party.
As was pointed out in the “Star Trek: Strange New Worlds” thread, Khan and his fellow supermen have been off-world and traveling into deep space on the Botany Bay for 18 years at this point. At least if this is still the original Star Trek Timeline that we all know and love…

And I guess the whole Deep Space Nine / Sisco possibility didn’t come to be.
Just read online that Picard season 2 will get into some time travel shenanigans. They will go back to 2024 where Deep Space 9 went during the "Bell Riots" set in L. A. of same year . America has entered a autocratic period and the homeless, mentally ill, etc are sequestered in Districts that are in every major city. They have no connection to the world and America has no idea what is going on in those districts. Sisco ends up taking the place of the Glenn Bell who was given credit for the riots, since he gets in the way and the real Bell dies. I just rewatched these two episodes of Deep Space 9 on Netflix. Season 3 "Past Tense"- two parter episode. Everyone should rewatch them for themselves so they will be familiar with the entire premise they are setting up for Picard.

So they will most likely be revisiting the same area and topics that they did. In Star Trek history the 3 world war starts in 2026 between the U.S. and Econ- An eastern nation. All cities on the world are destroyed and 600 million people are killed. Then by 2063 they the Vulcans will meet what is left of man kind ,like they did in the Next Gen movie Star trek : First Contact. This sets the earth to unite and stop tearing themselves apart like we have since time began and then to creating Star Fleet.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Interesting potential storyline. A Borg-off, or Borg v Borg... It'd make a good 3rd (and final) season of Picard. I don't think the writers are thinking that way though, since the actress that played Agnus isn't signed for season 3...
Allison Pill is Not in Season 3, but Annie Wersching Borg Queen IS.
So they Could go that route to some extent, if they decided too.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
As was pointed out in the “Star Trek: Strange New Worlds” thread, Khan and his fellow supermen have been off-world and traveling into deep space on the Botany Bay for 18 years at this point. At least if this is still the original Star Trek Timeline that we all know and love…

And I guess the whole Deep Space Nine / Sisco possibility didn’t come to be.
Well they were both there at the same time but in two different cities in California, but the same year though. I guess they didn't want to add Deep Space 9 characters into the show ,especially since they are adding the entire cast of Next Gen in season 3. It would be nice if they did add a cameo or cut them in to the show via computer special effects. I loved that episode of Deep Space where they were on Kirk's Enterprise and they were interacting with the original cast wearing the original uniforms. That was well done. They could of done a walk through town and in the back ground you would see the closed off areas of the city and you would see Capt .Sisco and Doctor Basheir walking in the back ground. 7 and Raffi could of made reference to the way the country was dealing with the homeless problem and how it lead to change,etc.

Reactions: Foxbat
Allison Pill is Not in Season 3, but Annie Wersching Borg Queen IS.
So they Could go that route to some extent, if they decided too.
Yes they could or they could keep the face of the queen covered like they did at first in Picard. I think the only reason why Agnes face was shown was to appeal to Picard and get him to work with his old friend. Since she will be on her own ship guarding the trans warp conduit they could then reveal the other queen Annie Wersching as the face of the Borg since Agnes isn't needed anymore. She was the reason why Agnes was assimilated in the first place. So it would make sense that she would then be dominant again.

Reactions: Jimbo
I have to agree. After watching it Sunday, the writers essentially took the Borg from TNG through Picard, and threw it away. Seven was never Seven of Nine, Picard was never Locutus of Borg and for all we know, Voyager may have never made it home from the Delta quadrant. Borg ships are evidently not cubes now either. Other than tying up the story and writing Q and Rios out, they wrecked the Borg (best "bad guys" Trek ever had)...
I am not sure of that. I think there are possibly two strains of borg.