Star Trek: Picard

I found the latest episode to be a bit forced. A lot of work just to work Moriarty in for about 40 seconds. They had "leaked" that the character would be included in the show, and there was a lot of fan speculation of an entire episode. Not really worth it. The "reboot" of Data was a cleaver idea, but I'm waiting to see what they do with him.

Also they change canon here. "Irumodic Syndrome" was just "space Alzheimer's". The writers of the final episode needed a senile Picard but, on the assumption that every disease of today would be cured by then, they made up a fake disease with the same symptoms. Never it, nor any mental problems that he might have had, were ever mentioned before. Now its some sort of lifelong mental illness that causes visions and delusions (and apparently why Picard's mother was mentally ill).
Spoiler alert. I've watched it. but
for others

I was rooting for Moriarty to be the Advanced AI guarding Daystrom Station. But thinking about it, putting the Ultimate Villain in charge of Starfleet‘s most dangerous devices would fall into the Bad Ideas category.
I saw the actress playing Geordi’s daughter and assistant is actually LeVar Burton’s daughter, Mica. Too cool…

Reactions: dfergie and Jimbo
Just finished watching the current episode (6) again and it held up under rewatching just fine - picked up on a couple of minor things I missed the first time. The one-liners between Worf and Riker harken nicely to their barb-trading back through TNG and the TNG-cast Trek movies. Good stuff.
If I were Riker, I'd be suspicious whether that was really Troi, or a Changling - given who has captured him.

Just finished watching the current episode (6) again and it held up under rewatching just fine - picked up on a couple of minor things I missed the first time. The one-liners between Worf and Riker harken nicely to their barb-trading back through TNG and the TNG-cast Trek movies. Good stuff.
If I were Riker, I'd be suspicious whether that was really Troi, or a Changling - given who has captured him.
Response to Spoiler : Me Too.

Reactions: Foxbat
Other than we are all going to die, I absolutely loved this:

Worf: “Let us continue our search. But tread lightly, we will not be prey, we will be friendly energy.”

Riker, shaking his head: “I don’t understand the world anymore.”

Yeah, I feel ya Will! :)
That usually happens to everyone with age. Usually right after that you retire and start sitting on your porch and yelling at kids " Stay off my lawn!!!" I reached that age last year and I literally had to yell at a group of young kids to stay off my lawn, because they were swinging from the lnb arm of my old satellite dish . :smug

Reactions: rockymtnhigh
That usually happens to everyone with age. Usually right after that you retire and start sitting on your porch and yelling at kids " Stay off my lawn!!!" I reached that age last year and I literally had to yell at a group of young kids to stay off my lawn, because they were swinging from the lnb arm of my old satellite dish . :smug
Yep, happens to most all of us, I agree. I see my nieces sitting around absorbed in their phones and think "So this is what conversation has devolved into?" :(

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I thought season 3 was always planned as the end. There has been talk of a Star Trek Legacy spin off utilizing former cast/crew members and current cast/crew members.