Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Yep, like Riker’s Transport twin, which they had to resolve on DS9.

In one of the Making of Books, the writers had a storyline about him they were going to do in the last season, but they never got to it.
It got revisited in season 2 of Lower Decks, albeit with one of that series main characters.

Reactions: Foxbat
When Una picked up the Chief Engineer in the transporter room and carried him down the cooridor to sick bay, even my sister, who has never seen an episode of SNW until today commented saying "she must be awfully strong to be able to do something like that"... I had to agree with her. That was out-of-the-ordinary kind of strength, IMO.

As for the fight, I agree, it looked like any other fight on Star Trek.
That was the one thing that surprised me. Damn, she is strong.

Just rewatched part of this and when Una brings Hemmer into sick bay and begins to lay him on a table, Chapel asks "Just how in the hell are you carrying him?" and she replies "Never mind that now.", and then goes on to explain she's an Illurian. So, she's stronger than a normal human. I think we can lay that to rest now, since Chapel noticed it also...

Well, he wasn't exactly in his right mind, beaming a hunk of the planet core into the transporter room... ;)
You speak as if creating a core breach makes significantly more sense.
“Core breach” - Ha! I get it, he breached the core of the planet! ;)

Well, and shut down the antimatter containment on the Enterprise’s warp core, which would lead to the warp core breach.

Maybe it’s because I was watching in the daytime with sunlight impacting the screen, but I wish the episode wasn’t as dark. Made it hard to view at times.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Maybe it’s because I was watching in the daytime with sunlight impacting the screen, but I wish the episode wasn’t as dark. Made it hard to view at times.
Because it mostly took place on a red alert bridge, with most systems off-line to hide,

I’m going to need to rewatch this, too. The Enterprise has a boarding tube? And where did the shuttle launch from if the cargo bay was so badly damaged?

I’m going to need to rewatch this, too. The Enterprise has a boarding tube? And where did the shuttle launch from if the cargo bay was so badly damaged?
Cargo bay separate from shuttle bay,

Cargo bay separate from shuttle bay,
So, the whole “this fits in before Kirk’s Enterprise from TOS” has been tossed out the airlock. This is a different timeline, no matter what Paramount has insisted up to now.

I don’t know if I still have my copy of The Starfleet Manual” that came with the Enterprise “blueprints“ but the Internet provides:
03-17-01.jpg
TOS Enterprise did not separate the Cargo Bay from the shuttles, it had the Hanger Deck for shuttle operations.

I know, I should shut up, give up on the contents of this show having any ties to what comes in a few years, and enjoy ”Strange New Worlds”.

Reactions: TheKrell