This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Star Wars on Cartoon Network HD?

Too bad you weren't watching the HD version of the channel, you know the one that had the CN HD logo on it

How can you tell whether its HD or not? Cartoons are very hard for me to tell if they are in HD or not..PIXAR DVDs look HD to me and I know they're not.

I did see the little CN hd logo at the bottom right. I guess we just have to believe them? I wish they would have to put a disclaimer at the beginning of shows that say "true HD content" or something so we know when we're getting crap broadcast on HD channels.

This was mainly directed to reddice, who with no uncertain terms said there was NO CN HD channel and this we be in SD stretched content, he was the authority on this subject and everyone else didn't know WTF they were talking about.

Is there a separate Cartoon Network HD logo? I recorded the first two episodes off of the HD version of the channel and I'm *not* seeing any special logo and it is *definitely* stretch-o-vision. As the screen pans through space, it looks like you're looking through a fish-eye lens as the sides of the screen remain distorted throughout; to me, nearly unwatchable. I'll double check next Friday that, for sure, I'm recording the right channel, but I swear what I'm watching has been stretched. Yuck.

It does sound like you recorded off the wrong channel. There is a little CN-HD logo on the screen nearly the whole time.

If you recorded the program last night, it was not in hd. It WAS in hd on Friday on it's first run.

Why was in not in HD last night. I missed it on Friday and didn't worry because it was coming on Sunday. This really stinks. Will all of the replays be in SD stretch-o-vision. It was hard to watch last night.

I was thinking the fish-eye effect might have been intentional last night. But it makes sense now that people are saying it was stretch-o-vision. I do not understand why they would show it in HD on Friday but not on the replays.

It is hard to tell if cartoons are in HD. The Mr. Men Show on CN seems HD to me -- and I don't notice a stretch. Anybody else seen that one?

HD or not...did any of you like the show?

I found it to be fairly decent, overall.

I thought it was pretty good. Cannot stack up against the Star Wars movies though.

LOL. I am 48 and watching Cartoons.

Why was in not in HD last night. I missed it on Friday and didn't worry because it was coming on Sunday. This really stinks. Will all of the replays be in SD stretch-o-vision. It was hard to watch last night.

Cartoon Network is a Turner Network. Think TNT and TBS. They all start off with a screwed HD policy that seems to take months and months to get straighted out. So I guess we can expect HD on Fridays, and SD-stretched-to-Widescreen on repeated airings.

They will fix it one day ... in mid 2009.

That reeks. The reason I recorded over the weekend was because I had multiple things recording of Friday.

Me too... That was the exact situation - I didn't record it on Friday b/c I had other things recording, knowing, hey, it's on TOON-HD on another day so I'll just record that one. Amazing that they would do the Friday ones in HD and the repeats not. After I posted I double checked and I did, in fact, record the HD version of the channel so I was quite confused...

As far as the show itself goes, meh, not too bad. Kids (4.5, 7) like it and it's neat to just see more Star Wars stuff (rolling battle droids are just way cool...). But that stretch-o-vision was making me dizzy, especially with all the pans across the landscapes and space.

Not really. Two stars at best. The second one was better. I do not like the voice overs in the beginning, which I am sure is meant to replace the scrolling setups in the movies. The droid army was a joke and I am sure was partially meant as comedy. It didnt work and turned a potential army into nothing more than something to shoot at. Anyways, the first episodes are usually the weakest so I will be interested to see how it goes in the long run. Also, I dont think it was serious enough, if that makes sense.

I thought it was great! It "felt" more like Star Wars to me than Episodes 1-3 did. There was a lot of humor and I appreciated Yoda's laughter and light-hearted attitude in the face of such adversity. Also, I'm hoping this series continues to show how the Jedi teach the clones like the first episodes did. If so, maybe some of the clones will ignore the order to destroy the jedi. (There must be more than 2 jedi left after Revenge of the Sith)

(There must be more than 2 jedi left after Revenge of the Sith)

Aniken, ObWan, and Yoda. There, that's three.

I sure hope I'm wrong about the HD on the re-airings. Hopefully they will not take as long to "catch on" to running their Network in HD like TNT and TBS did.

Sounds like it is hit or miss with the HD huh? That is asinine. It can't be that hard to figure out. Also why is Venture Bros. shown in stretched 4:3 letterbox. No excuse for that.

Ok, someone help me out here.

Oct 3 - CN shows episodes 1 & 2
Oct 10 - my DVR picked up "episode 5"??

Is this a problem with the program guide? There have been only 3 episodes so far right? The episode Fri night is clearly the next one in the series..so I'm confused. I'll go hit CN and look over there but wasn't sure if this was a DISH-only thing.