Star Wars on Cartoon Network HD?

shy_guy

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 16, 2007
Does anyone know if the upcoming Star Wars series on Cartoon Network will actually be in HD? The program guide doesn't say HD, but I have heard that it is not always accurate. It is hard for me to tell if cartoons are stretched, so I was wondering if there was another way to know. I figured George Lucas would insist on broadcasting in HD, but who knows?

In this Sundays DirecTV insert right on the front page they have a picture of Yoda saying that it will be in HD.

Actually, Although it was delivered to Cartoon Network in HD, it still has yet to be shown in HD. So far they just stretched the letterboxed 4:3 SD, which we all don't like!

I will say it again. Cartoon Network does not have a HD channel. All it is upconverted stretched SD. If it was a true HD channel then HD programing would not be stretched and the network logo would have HD next to it.

I will be watching Clone Wars but on the SD channel non stretched.

I will say it again. Cartoon Network does not have a HD channel. All it is upconverted stretched SD. If it was a true HD channel then HD programing would not be stretched and the network logo would have HD next to it.

I will be watching Clone Wars but on the SD channel non stretched.

Guess we'll just have to wait until 10/3 at 20:00CDT to see who's correct.

I read before recently buying Episodes I-IV on regular DVD that a spokesman for Lucus Films said that they have no intention of releasing any movies in HD. Lucas wouldn't release to DVD for a long time because he is afraid of pirating. Now he is letting cartoon network do an HD presentation that we can keep on our DVRs? OMG!

I guess the only way to know would be to record both feeds and do a comparison then?

turner_728x90_092208.jpg

The trailer for the Clone wars movie was in HD too. I am 100% Certain that it will be in High Def.

My 5 year old daughter screamed STAAAAAAAAAR WAAAAAAAAAAAAARSSSSSSSS when the commercial came on today. I think she is one with The Force.

I read before recently buying Episodes I-IV on regular DVD that a spokesman for Lucus Films said that they have no intention of releasing any movies in HD. Lucas wouldn't release to DVD for a long time because he is afraid of pirating. Now he is letting cartoon network do an HD presentation that we can keep on our DVRs? OMG!

That might be true for the two trilogies, but The Clone Wars is being release on Blue Ray.

StarWars.com | The Clone Wars Movie: On DVD & Blu-Ray November 11

The funny thing is that Lucas ended up hurrying to get the Original trilogy on DVD when he finally figured out that if he didn't, that he would lose out to bit torrent. If he had dragged his feet any longer, no one would need his DVDs.

I guess he feels that Blue Ray quality is too large for the file xfer crowd, so he can go back to dragging his feet again. Doesn't make sense to me, but I guess it does to him. Oh and he's the Billionaire and I ate at Wendy's for lunch. :D

I would think Lord of the Rings & Star Wars would be the killer apps for HD-DVD. Unfortunately my preferred format died before either of these came out. :crying:

turner_728x90_092208.jpg

The trailer for the Clone wars movie was in HD too. I am 100% Certain that it will be in High Def.

If you look at the Cartoon Network right now. You will see that there is hd showing now with a new hd logo. The Clone Wars is next I would bet that you will be 100% right about it being ih hd.

If you look at the Cartoon Network right now. You will see that there is hd showing now with a new hd logo. The Clone Wars is next I would bet that you will be 100% right about it being ih hd.

yeah the 5.1 dolby digital sounds great, 20 minutes to go! My son and I are getting ready!

Yep it is in HD, with sweet surround sound. :) Finally something worth watching on this channel. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)