Star Wars Saga on CinemaxHD - Any Chance on D*?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gator5000e

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 16, 2004
Orlando, Florida
CinemaxHD will be showing the complete Star Wars saga in HD this weekend. Guess there is no chance of D* adding CinemaxHD for this special, huh? Here is part of the press release.

Cinemax and Cinemax HD kick off a weekend marathon of all six movies on Friday, November 10 at midnight with Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, concluding on Monday, November 13 with Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. The films will air at additional times throughout November, with a schedule of dates and times available at Cinemax.com.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
I think this was discussed somewhere about a month ago, that after its Cinemax HD run it will be on HBO HD. If so, that in some way backs up why its still not considered a must have channel; it already is known for showing mostly HBO re-runs and left overs, and here again, its "worthwhile programming" will likely end up on HBO HD just after its Cinemax run anyway. AND that doesn't account for most of us that already have the DVDs.

Last edited:

Gator5000e

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 16, 2004
Orlando, Florida
If that's the case then cool. I did a search but did not see that anywhere. Must have missed it. I too have the DVDs but seeing as they are not out in any HiDef format yet, I would love to have them recorded in HD. I doubt they will come out soon in HDDVD or BD anytiime soon.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
If that's the case then cool. I did a search but did not see that anywhere. Must have missed it.

Oh please don't apologize, not necessary; that's why I said "I think" as I only a have a vague memory of it; but if its hits Cinemax, they would be hard pressed not to show the same on their flagship channel I would think.

I too would like to see the HD versions on DVD, but for the time being the 1080i up-converts do look really good.

vinnyv07

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2004
It's still kind of disappointing that Direct doesn't have the ch now though.

aspanjer

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 25, 2005
If Cinemax HD was on either DTV or Dish I would drop HBO totally. When is the last time D* added a bona fide big time high def channel. I still miss VOOM!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)