StarChoice Upgrade

alanrob

Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
I've been using the same StarChoice receiver (Navigo 530, I believe) and HD receiver (GI HDD201) for seven years or so. I now understand I need to upgrade these by the end of the summer, correct?

My program provider has been of no help to me with this.

If I buy a new receiver, need I do anything other than call the broker to provide the new unit ID number?

My dish and LNB were upgraded two years ago, so I believe I'm fine there.

I tried to call them but no one would speak to me about the upgrade. They said someone would have to call me back. During one call, they said they would call back in 5 minutes...I said I would hold but they insisted I was called back. Needless to say, I was not at home. I tried a cell phone number but with a US area code, they won't call that either.

There is the web site link for the upgrade...but I am just pissed that I have to pay $100 to keep an existing capability.

Anyone know if I will be charged duty if I have a friend put the replacement in Canada post?

Anyone know if there are issues if I call with *67 when I need to activate?

if you have the tel the account and address the account is registered to, you can call from usa, you can leave the call back number where you are, saying you are on holiday,

there is no duty on a receiver comming from Canada via mail to usa.
no broker can cover all the probems all the times, which is why I just
got an address of a rental unit in winsdor, signed up for *c auto billing
credit card payment, auto programming and home away from home prgram, and gave *c my usa tel number as a secondary tel no if they ever needed to reach me.

what is the "home away from home" program?

Have they ever called the US number? Like I said, I was promised a call back 3 times, and they never would call the US area code cell phone (I told them it was a business cell).

Like you, I avoid a broker and use a "friends" address and home phone. (They called this phone last week and this is third time they were given my cell number).

If I need to register the new receiver, do they require the call back number? Seems hard to say I am on vacation and wanting to hook it up...

At this point, I would try contact *c again, and tell the rep about the 201 and say you are not home during the day or ask the person who answers the phone to take a message for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)