Stargate SG-1 Discussion

I enjoyed TAOT and really liked Continuum. I need to watch those again... ;)
Don't get me started on Continuum. Just in case anyone's not seen it yet:
The "we spent the whole movie fixing a hole in time so that nothing you saw actually happened" thing really doesn't do much for me. Guess I've seen it done too many times.

This afternoon while working at home, I had Continuum on in the background. Watching Ark of Truth right now. Interesting differences -- Continuum really felt more like a feature film. TAOT, on the other hand, is just another episode. It is the episode 21 and 22 that the 10th season should have had. :)

I started to watch the "Prelude," and realized it was just a DVD-quality synopses of the past 2 seasons. Hit "next" very quickly.

Watching it on the 40" LCD, and the PQ looks fine. But I can see where it might look soft on a bigger display.

When Teal'c wakes up, alone in the forest, let me know what you think of the PQ of that scene on your big screen...

TAOT is, essentially, an extended episode, but I enjoyed it...

At that scene now, and even on the 40" it looks very soft. Indeed, the scene before on the Odysessy chasing the replicators, also looked very soft.

BTW, the Merrick character was perfectly casted. The guy was a total ass. But I liked how he got it by the replicators. :D

Dang it.. now I have seen every episode. :)

I liked TAOT. It was a good end to the "arc" :)

Time for another feature film, if you ask me.

My son seems hooked, I guess we'll start over with season 1 now.

At that scene now, and even on the 40" it looks very soft. Indeed, the scene before on the Odysessy chasing the replicators, also looked very soft.

BTW, the Merrick character was perfectly casted. The guy was a total ass. But I liked how he got it by the replicators. :D

Yep, very soft and a lot of pixelation that just shouldn't be there on a BD.

Merrick, I agree, was a perfect casting decision. I liked how Mitchell challenged him on the bridge "then replace me!" - well, with that replicator, he sorta did. ;) I always thought Sam should've anticipated that an Asgaard-computer built replicator would be immune to the ARG, especially knowing that Merrick was working for the IOA and had the computer build it...but it made for a good plot anyway. :D

Dang it.. now I have seen every episode. :)

I liked TAOT. It was a good end to the "arc" :)

Time for another feature film, if you ask me.

My son seems hooked, I guess we'll start over with season 1 now.

I'm definitely ready for another direct-to-dvd release! :)

We have started over with season 1. Although,the first disc of season 1 has gone awol :eek: - but enjoying it; its so less complex in many ways, and the stories are more Trek-like in many ways. my son said it is a bit "cheesy" but he is enjoying it, as he says "all first seasons of sci-fi shows seem to be cheesy." :D

Alas, the DVD transfer bites compared with the last several seasons of the show.

I enjoyed season 1 I think we laughed more during season 1 than any of them
We have the purchased dvds and season 1 wasn't very good on that either.

Yeah, its what we have. I wish I could find the first disc of it; I know it is somewhere, but only god knows where.

Watching the episode where Jack ages on the planet where people live a life of 90 days.

Star Trek Discovery

Star Trek: Prodigy