Stargate Universe

Dammit! I wasn't really feeling SGU at first. After watching the first 10 episodes when they originally aired, I just didn't really care about the characters, especially Rush. But, now that I've caught up on the last 26 episodes on the DVR over the past week, I've grown to love the show and the characters, and I'm gonna be so bummed when it prematurely ends a few weeks from now! I think I'll still mourn more for Atlantis, which also ended prematurely, but after an iffy beginning, SGU has proved itself worthy of the Stargate franchise. I hope they continue movies of all three series. There's still so many great stories to tell!

Sorry but the movies are pretty much dead since they sold off all the stuff in their inventory.

They can rebuild the props pretty easily if they wanted to do so. But, of course it just would add to the cost of producing a movie. Look at the time when on STDS9 they recreated a TOS episode. They did that on a TV show budget. Most of this stuff is just plywood and paint. They probably have the molds for the rubber stuff in storage.

But back to SGU, again another good episode. What has gotten into the writers? Did they realize what they had was not working and made changes to make it work? But, then it was too late...

I don't like how fast they are moving Eli (sp?) ... I never did really ... he is TOO smart. Playing a video game and now he can read "ancient" better than anybody else with his only rival being Rush? He now even rivals the SG-Atlantis guy - I forget his name? A bit too much too fast for me.

With the series ending however ... if ... if ... if the writers had a chance to wrap things up ... it would make sense that they would speed the development of some of the characters though.

I have heard though that things end in a cliffhanger. Would leave room for a movie definitely ... maybe a "Firefly" in the works???

dfergie said:
I've decided to avoid any new shows that are spammed on programs I like, my token resistance... I avoided Chaos on CBS because they did the same on Survivor. :D
this is my default behavior, on all channels, for anything that spams what I am trying to watch.

My God, I'd hope that we wouldn't see SGU on the big screen. :)

My fear is Sigh Figh has killed the second best science fiction franchise in history. :( (Yes, for me, Star Trek is the best franchise, but Stargate is a darn close second for me).

Yep, it looks like Sigh Fry has torched SGU, and quite likely, the franchise, at least for 2-5 years. It's quite sad. :(

Huh?

I have some questions about the last episode on April 18. In an attempt not to spoil the episode for those that have not seen it, I have added the "spoiler" alert ...

Okay,

So I am confused with the last episode ... their duplicate selves get put on another planet when they went through the sun ... okay ... I can buy that.

My problems is with Rush ... he did not go through the stargate. He came back on the shuttle. So how did Rush end up on the planet and create all of these followers, this other country, etc.???

Did I miss something?

I have some questions about the last episode on April 18. In an attempt not to spoil the episode for those that have not seen it, I have added the "spoiler" alert ...

Okay,

So I am confused with the last episode ... their duplicate selves get put on another planet when they went through the sun ... okay ... I can buy that.

My problems is with Rush ... he did not go through the stargate. He came back on the shuttle. So how did Rush end up on the planet and create all of these followers, this other country, etc.???

Did I miss something?
ok.. conspiracy wrapped in dilusion and hidden in
the group that did go through the gate, and were re-directed to "NEW" may not have known the ship with original rush on it blew. in their POV, they may have thought that Rush was right, and in being so, when he fully realized what happened and realized where the people were redirected .. that maybe he'd come and get them etc.. :)

ok.. conspiracy wrapped in dilusion and hidden in
the group that did go through the gate, and were re-directed to "NEW" may not have known the ship with original rush on it blew. in their POV, they may have thought that Rush was right, and in being so, when he fully realized what happened and realized where the people were redirected .. that maybe he'd come and get them etc.. :)

Okay, so Rush (any version) never did make it to the new planet. It was just "hoped" that he would come and "save the day".

Do I have it right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)