start DTV sub

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Onzz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 16, 2013
so cal
Hi,

I want to buy a new receiver on ebay and start a account/subscription with DTV , hooking it up to an already installed DTV round 18" dish.

Will Directv accomodate me on this, or do they have to send out an installer with new receivers , which I dont want to do.

Thanks for any info.

Onzz

Onzz, although you didn't say, it sounds like you are trying to avoid a commitment with Directv. Any new customer gets a commitment regardless. Just thought you should know.

Ok cool, Ill go virgin & no, Im not afraid of commitment....uh wait is this relationship chat forum? hee hee!

No I already have a Directv dish on the side of the house and the line in, is exactly where I want it to be, so a new reciever is as EZ as plug and play.

What is the start up fee BTW? How many years am I commited for, & an activation fee, is there any of that?

Thanks again 4 the info

Much appreciated

Onzz

That will not be a problem @ all. I want a subscription for the MLB package. I know that I have to sub to a basic package in order to add the MLB EI .

Thanks

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Hey Thanks for the reply andrewj0781

I know u r right on that, but Im an old big dish c/ku band installer from back in the day, I know my set up is all good with this basic DTV baby dish.
I wont have any problems ;)

but why not get the free equipment and when the installer comes out just show him where to hook up the receiver.
When I started with Directv I set up an old Phase III dish and ran all the cabling. The installer "verified" signals with his meter, hooked up the R15 I got at the time, and went on his merry way

Iceberg,

Now that is something I just might do,

Thanks for the heads up!

Onzz

Since you already have everything done it will make the install easier too for the tech.
I remember when he showed up he was confused because I was like "I already ran the cabling for ya". He looked at the dish and said "is it aimed" and I told him yep. He checked signals, saw my other dishes on the roof (I had some KU Band dishes), looked at me and said "why am I here?" :)
I said "to install my DVR"

HEE HEE! Thats classic!!! :)

Onzz said:
That will not be a problem @ all. I want a subscription for the MLB package. I know that I have to sub to a basic package in order to add the MLB EI .

Thanks

Wait till march 15th and get it free, along with free equipment

Hey Claude,

Thanks for the knowledge on that, I will wait until the 15th for sure!
Very Much appreciated.

Onzz

Hi,

I want to buy a new receiver on ebay and start a account/subscription with DTV , hooking it up to an already installed DTV round 18" dish.

Will Directv accomodate me on this, or do they have to send out an installer with new receivers , which I dont want to do.

Thanks for any info.

Onzz
You aren't interested in HD? The 18" dish will pickup only SD.

I have other means to do high Def, but yes now that u mention it, the MLB games would be alot nicer to watch in HD. I guess I have atleast until March 15th to figure out exactly what I am going to go with.
Thank you for your reply!

Onzz

If you don't mind signing a 2 year contract, then I would have them install a new dish and HD receiver and even a DVR which are all free for a new customer.

Upsss

I will definately keep this in mind, like I posted earlier no problem with the 2 year contract. Sounds like a great deal.

Thanks again for the thoughts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)