start up question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You would probably have to send them a big check.

Right or wrong, they use you having a credit card as a proxy for your future ability to pay your bill across your commitment time frame.

lindenray said:
But if i don't have one i always pay thru the internet.is there a way around this.

I used my debit card. They charged my installation charges to it and that is it. I pay online each month when i receive my bill.

Get one of those prepay credit cards that may work, or like others said use a debit card.

yeah just get a prepaid one. It doesnt have to be on there the whole time (unless you do the free HD which requires autopay)

My card on file with D* has been shredded about a year ago ;)

I doubt it. The pizza providers want proof that you can pay your bill and access to something if you don't to deduct from if you try to bail. (ETF) If you want freedom you need a big dish with H2H programing. No credit card, or credit check. Pay as you want to watch something.

I doubt it. The pizza providers want proof that you can pay your bill and access to something if you don't to deduct from if you try to bail. (ETF)
sorry it doesnt work that way. You are showing your hatred for anything non C-Band related. Like I say the cc on file with Directv for me was cancelled July 10 and shredded. My bill is paid each month and I can pay with a check or a debit card. Heck I could send in a money order if I wanted :)

If you want freedom you need a big dish with H2H programing. No credit card, or credit check. Pay as you want to watch something.
yep I'm sure the OP wants to put a big dish in the yard and have a smattering of channel options. Sorry that dont sound like "freedom". The only "freedom" is you can start and stop the account which as its been posted numerous times Dish subs who buy the equipment can do that. I'm sure the OP doesnt want things like basic channels, a PVR/DVR, locals, HD in their setup and would rather pay $130 or more for a receiver that was outdated 6-7 years ago with a huge dish in his yard :rolleyes:

Actually the U.S. small dish providers could take a few lessons from the c band model. Such as channel choice (ala carte, pick 10), no contracts (DirecTV) I know Charlie has some other option but it costs you more, and a few other things. I am a c band advocate yes, but don't hate all things that aren't c band. The U.S. LSD (little silly dish to those who don't know) providers have bad models that they decided to follow (cable & cell phones)

I was a HUGE BUD fan; still am, but the a la carte model is more myth than reality; with all the parents owning so many channels and all the original series and such; they NEED to sell entire blocks and maintain a much bigger bottom line to keep all the goods AND generate "X-profit" or higher. BUD also fails when it comes to size and the need to "move" the dish to "get everything" as it were. Granted the quality and choice is there, but that is not always the end game.

The choice isnt there anymore. Most of the "mainstream" channels are not available anymore on C-Band.

Correct; I should have qualified that "choice" comment as being based on "back in the day". And regardless of the choice and the quality there were reasons it died; their model just wasn't sustainable.

It's a shame what happened to the bud due to Joe sixpack accepting the cable/cellphone model.

Speaking of ala-carte If LSD wanted they could sell mux tiers. Such as C band did with the masters till January and still does with H2H, such as Scripps, Discovery , MTV networks etc. Some people enjoy the channels one providers sells. Some people could care less about other provider muxes and end up paying for them anyway. Then have to take large packs to get the high tier channels (available for less usually on the bud still) Its cable that said there are 3 flavors take it or leave it. Even Shaw in Canada offers more choice then we can get down here. It all can be done here too, but the bean counters figured out how to maximize profit and thats all they care about. Just look at what over compression has done to the video quality on LSD and cable. As more HD is added that's going to go further & further south in return for $$$. IMHO the cost that the mainstay pay per month for cable or pizza with convenience toys is insane.

That H2H is a joke. It winds up costing more because of all those stupid little 'packs', and then none of it is HD! Plus you need a BF dish in your yard. Get real dude.

Even Shaw in Canada offers more choice then we can get down here.

Canada has way different rules due to the CRTC. They do have themes but the providers can mix and match channels into different themes so you need to buy more than what you may want.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts