Starz and Dish Reach Deal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Let's hope that they did put StarzHD in the contract... if not it may be a very long time before we get it...

"The multi-year renewal provides for carriage of SEG programming services on Echostar's DISH Network(TM). "

That means whatever is in this contract is gospel...

Lets all pray and chant.... lol

STARZ HD STARZ HD STARZ HD STARZ HD STARZ HD STARZ HD

If I had to hazard a guess I would say that they intend to distribute those movies over the internet. Dish has its own VOD-like offering, as well as PocketDISH. The Starz download service would most likely be available to all Starz subscribers regardless of how they get the service (satellite or cable), but movies will be downloaded to computer then portable device.

dlsnyder said:
If I had to hazard a guess I would say that they intend to distribute those movies over the internet. Dish has its own VOD-like offering, as well as PocketDISH. The Starz download service would most likely be available to all Starz subscribers regardless of how they get the service (satellite or cable), but movies will be downloaded to computer then portable device.

I believe it's $9.99 a month even if you sub via sat/cable.

Jerry G said:
Will StarzHD appear soon?

*** Shaking the magic 8 Ball ***

It says "All signs point to yes"

My opnion is we will see it, however it may not be until all the Echostar 10 shuffling happens. Once that is done it would not surprise me to see it on 110. :)

Out of the premium movie HD channesl...StarzHD is the worst. Almost nothing is OAR and a large percent are just upconverts but they are improving on on the latter. They at least tell you know if something is TRUEHD or not.

Their April schedule is attached

Attachments

• Starz-April-HD-Schedule.pdf
    212.5 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Paradox-SJ said:
Out of the premium movie HD channesl...StarzHD is the worst. Almost nothing is OAR and a large percent are just upconverts but they are improving on on the latter. They at least tell you know if something is TRUEHD or not.

Their April schedule is attached

OK. Can that idea. Send it back. We don't want it. We'll hold out for something better. Right guys ???

Besides, if getting StarzHD means we won't get as many HD shopping channels, then we definitly don't want it.

Paradox-SJ said:

OK, Dish. Instead of adding these worthless movie HD channels, please add Demo HD 2 (show fish tank from the top), Demo HD 3 (show fish tank from the side). And if you add Demo HD 4 with fish tank from the bottom it wil be awesome.:hungry:

More info on that Vongo stuff...
Found at www.vongo.com
It is separate from Dish and Starz subscriptions...
"Yes, you must subscribe independently because Vongo is a separate, online-only Membership or Pay Per View video download service."

Supported portable devices:
"Vongo supports devices operating version 2 of the Microsoft Portable Media Center (PMC)."

I am not for sure what that is and how you tell if your PMP has it.. Does anyone else know???

I took a read at Liberty's 10K...

"The affiliation agreements with Echostar and DirecTV expire on March 8, 2006 and March 31, 2006, respectively. SEG is currently in negotiations with both providers regarding multi-year distribution agreements for all of SEG's service offerings. "

Dont know whether that means... but the only thing we are missing out of 'all their offerings' is StarzHD...

" SEG's primary service offerings are (1) Starz, which is primarily a first-run movie service that generally includes five channels branded with the Starz name, each of which exhibits movies targeted to a specific audience and (2) Encore, which airs first-run movies and classic contemporary movies and generally includes six thematic multiplex channels branded with the Encore name, each of which exhibits movies based upon individual themes. Starz is generally purchased by subscribers as an a-la-carte premium service for which subscribers pay a separate monthly charge. Distributors may also package Starz with other premium services. Encore is generally purchased by subscribers as part of a digital package, which includes a variety of general entertainment digital networks. Distributors may also sell Encore on an a-la-carte basis or packaged with Starz. SEG's services also include Movieplex, a "theme by day" channel featuring a different thematic multiplex channel each day, on a weekly rotation; Starz On Demand; Encore on Demand; Movieplex on Demand and a high definition feed of the Starz channel on StarzHD."

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1082114/000104746906002969/a2166907z10-k.htm

go to page I-6

Dish called me yesterday, about 5 days after I got my 622 installed. They asked me if I want to add Starz to my subscription for $7.00 a month, since I was a customer in good standing. I have Dish since October 2005 and had AT120 with HBO/MAX and SHO on a 625. Now I have Dish HD Silver with HBO and SHO, and after I took their offer, now also Starz for 7 bux a month. Anyone else got this Starz deal offered?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)