Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
(Note from Scott... I wonder if we will be seeing Starz HD soon? :D)

STARZ, DISH RENEW DEAL

Linda Moss - MultiChannelNews

Starz Entertainment Group LLC renewed its carriage deal with EchoStar Communications Corp.’s Dish Network, officials said Thursday.
Starz, part of Liberty Media Corp., and Dish forged a multiyear pact for carriage of the programmer’s services.

“We’re delighted to renew our affiliation agreement with EchoStar, which has been a key element in the growth of Starz for many years,” Starz spokesman Tom Southwick said. “We think the new agreement will enable both of our companies to accelerate that growth and bring Starz to even more customers of the Dish Network.”

Read the rest at http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6320685.html?display=Breaking+News&referral=SUPP&nid=2226

I wonder what this means

“. “We think the new agreement will enable both of our companies to accelerate that growth and bring Starz to even more customers of the Dish Network.”

juan said:
I wonder what this means

“. “We think the new agreement will enable both of our companies to accelerate that growth and bring Starz to even more customers of the Dish Network.”
Could be one of those generic forward looking statements...perhaps they are going to add some from free VOD content...or perhaps Dish/Starz have decided they would rather have 6 customers subscribing at $3.99 per month than 1 customer at $11.99 per month to better match what Verizon FiOS is doing with their Movie Pak (bundled Starz, Encore, Showtime, TMC, Flix, and Sundance for $11.95).

Another press release...

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., March 31 /PRNewswire/ -- Starz Entertainment Group LLC
(SEG) today announced that is has renewed its affiliation agreement with
Echostar Communications Corp. (Nasdaq: DISH). The multi-year renewal
provides for carriage of SEG programming services on Echostar's DISH
Network(TM). Terms of the deal were not announced.

SEG President and CEO Robert B. Clasen commented, "Echostar and Starz are
both pioneers in digital television as well as neighbors here in Colorado.
The success of Starz in the past decade owes a great deal to the innovation
and entrepreneurship of our friends down the street. We are delighted with
this new affiliation agreement that will enable the two companies to
accelerate our growth in the years ahead, bringing the Starz entertainment
experience to even more DISH Network(TM) customers."

Starz Entertainment Group LLC (SEG) is a premium movie service provider
operating in the United States. SEG offers 16 movie channels including the
flagship Starz(R) and Encore(R) brands with approximately 14 million and
26 million subscribers respectively. Starz Entertainment Group airs more than
750 movies per month across its pay TV channels and offers advanced services
including Starz HDTV, Starz On Demand and Vongo(SM). Starz Entertainment Group
is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Liberty Media Corporation (NYSE: L, LMCb),
http://www.starz.com.

Contacts: Tom Southwick
Starz Entertainment Group
(720) 852-5821(office)
(303) 513-3758 (cell)
[EMAIL="tom.southwick@starz.com"]tom.southwick@starz.com[/EMAIL]

They are also launching two new movie channels IndiePlex and RetroPlex (within the Encore family) on cable systems Monday - those are 2 additional channels this agreement may bring us.

But yes - I would like to see Starz HD first and foremost. :D

In my opinion Starz has the best movies of all of the movie channels. I hope we can get Starz HD soon.

I know that I'd subscribe to Starz if it were cheaper... I currently get the free Encore channels with the AT180 pkg, so I don't see why I would have to pay close to $12 for another movie package. If it were the 3.99 or even 4.99, i might consider getting it... However, I really don't care to have HBO or CineMAX regardless of their price...

I really want STARZ!HD. The only thing that kept me from switching to C* is no TNTHD. Retroplex looks very interesting. I would hope that they negotiated all of these channels into the new contract, and not just with Comcast. E* and Starz have had a pretty good relationship over the years. Let's hope it happens.

Can't add much besides the same thing that I hope it includes Starz HD for the folks

I don't thing we need to add Indieplex and Retroplex channels to show old movies. We already have those kind of movie channels. We need Starz HD channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts