Starz-HD: February, March & April High Definition Movies

I also saw that Monsters inc will be shown at 10:00am today. I have seen Monsters Inc on DVD quite a few times and if done in HD it should look like are inside the movie. It will be interested to see how it looks.

Rang1995,

I did not see from the beginning. Monsters Inc is not in WS. I was hoping to do a simple test to see what the native resolution of Starz (Chicago) was. It will be shown again on Starz-HD West at 11am. I won't be in the house. This is what I am going to do. I am going to put the VOOM receiver to accept the native resolution of each program. The Sony GWII in the service menu can tell you what is the native resolution that the output of the receiver is getting. So I hope to do the same the next time any of these WS movies comes up on Starz. If your TV can tell you the native resolution of what you are watching, you could also try this.

Tim,

I did not see but would have loved to see it in HD. I love the style of film on DVD. I can only wonder how awesome it must have looked in HD.

It appears Starz is doing much more (or starting to) HD. I think tracking native res for upconverts will not yield any additional info as it will show 1080i from Starz, the upconversion (if happening) coming prior to sending.

Chicago has some very dark and filtered light effects. I can just say a more funky lighting mood cinematography movie like Black Hawk Down looked fantastic on Starz, so the source material and how it comes from the studios makes a big difference.

Some is criticism is subjective, I have seen the Chicago DVD being on worst lists and best lists for transfer, but there has to be a "bit shortage" for all the moving so HD (even an upconvert) should benefit from the bandwidth.

Take an SD film on HBOE (4:3) and the same SD film on HBOEHD. There is a world of difference, even though it does not approach true HD.

East coast times:

Thr, Mar 4 10:30PM
Sat, Mar 13 1:00AM
Wed, Mar 17 6:30PM
Sun, Mar 21 11:15PM
Tue, Mar 30 9:00PM

"TRUEHDTV"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)