Starz losing subs battle with Ergen looms

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I saw where Starz is now listed again as "free for 3 months" at the Dish website for new customers. This with the change in the "Dish Movie Pack" from Starz Cinema to Starz Kids & Family makes me wonder if an agreement was reached? I know that I noticed for a while Starz was left out of the "free for 3 month" offer, or it appeared so on the website.

Reactions: Troch77
I saw where Starz is now listed again as "free for 3 months" at the Dish website for new customers. This with the change in the "Dish Movie Pack" from Starz Cinema to Starz Kids & Family makes me wonder if an agreement was reached? I know that I noticed for a while Starz was left out of the "free for 3 month" offer, or it appeared so on the website.
Yep and It's more advertised on their website and tv now .

You clearly said 'stupid americans'. Why not just say stupid people? I think only stupid people would watch aljizzera.

It's not a question of agreeing with me or not. You insulted all Americans. I'm patriotic and proud to be an American and if you're not please go somewhere else.
How many country's do you think AJ AMERICA is broadcast in? i think thats were the "stupid Americans" came in.

How many country's do you think AJ AMERICA is broadcast in? i think thats were the "stupid Americans" came in.

I assuming that the AMERICA part would mean that they have that particular crummy, low rated propaganda stream aimed squarely at the USA. And I'll say again, anybody who thinks Americans are stupid should definitely leave the USA immediately.

I assuming that the AMERICA part would mean that they have that particular crummy, low rated propaganda stream aimed squarely at the USA. And I'll say again, anybody who thinks Americans are stupid should definitely leave the USA immediately.
Give it a rest already. It was directed at "stupid" americans. You dont think that there are any stupid americans out there? All the 24 hour news channels are propoganda machines. If you are watching them for entertainment, fine. If you are watching them for real news or journalistic integrity, then you are stupid. If you watch kardashians to be entertained, fine. If you watch that show and take it seriously like alot of people do, then you are an idiot. As for AJA, I have watched it a few times and they were only reporting newsworthy stories. I dont watch it alot or all the time, just going by the few times that i have tuned in. You yourself said that you would never watch that channel, but yet you feel you are an expert on their programming or propaganda machine as you call it. Move on. The thread is about starz.

Give it a rest already. It was directed at "stupid" americans. You dont think that there are any stupid americans out there? All the 24 hour news channels are propoganda machines. If you are watching them for entertainment, fine. If you are watching them for real news or journalistic integrity, then you are stupid. If you watch kardashians to be entertained, fine. If you watch that show and take it seriously like alot of people do, then you are an idiot. As for AJA, I have watched it a few times and they were only reporting newsworthy stories. I dont watch it alot or all the time, just going by the few times that i have tuned in. You yourself said that you would never watch that channel, but yet you feel you are an expert on their programming or propaganda machine as you call it. Move on. The thread is about starz.

I moved on. I was responding to a new post. You can have your opinion and so can I. Isn't America great. I have sampled the channel to see what's it's all about and I stand by my statements. I will respect the forum and not respond further. I would suggest you do the same.

Here is one, Ive dropped Starz, HBO, Showtime and Max as of today.

I went thru my last 10 bills and did some math, especially since my $35 credit is fixing to expire. If I take what I spent on premium channels and bought the blu-ray sets for the season, I could buy 15-16 series a year. WTH am I going to pay Dish for that, or anyone else? What got me thinking was watching Season 2 of Black Sails (rented from Netflix!) on blu-ray yesterday. The PQ and AQ is outstanding, much better than I get on Dish.

Buy bye with that! Also dropped from 200 to 120+ because I can get my BBCA stuff elsewhere.

I went thru my last 10 bills and did some math, especially since my $35 credit is fixing to expire. If I take what I spent on premium channels and bought the blu-ray sets for the season, I could buy 15-16 series a year. WTH am I going to pay Dish for that, or anyone else? What got me thinking was watching Season 2 of Black Sails (rented from Netflix!) on blu-ray yesterday. The PQ and AQ is outstanding, much better than I get on Dish.

Buy bye with that! Also dropped from 200 to 120+ because I can get my BBCA stuff elsewhere.
HBO - $10
Starz - $7
Showtime - $7
Max - $7?

Don't see how you can buy 15-16 blurays...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HBO - $10
Starz - $7
Showtime - $7
Max - $7?

Don't see how you can buy 15-16 blurays...

It was slightly off because I counted the normal HBO price.

$372/yr divided by $30(blu-ray series) = 12 series

I generally keep them all year around. So if I am gonna pay that money, might as well get blu-rays because I dont watch 12 original series. And lets not even count the ones I can rent from Netflix (like Black Sails) for much cheaper.

Bye bye premium channels. Im not doing it for savings as much as I am doing it to get a better quality experience for the same money.

To be honest, if it was for my desire to channel surf, and live sports, I would have probably already gone ROKU. The content I find online just doesn't inspire me to want to watch it, as when I'm just surfing a myriad of channels and can switch between sports, action, romance/drama and "background noise". The premiums are costly, and I could only ever justify paying for 1 maybe two at full price, before these incentives started taking place.

I pay for HBO (two weekly shows that run nearly year round on top of any original scripted programming) and stream Starz (only one show at most and during spot times of the year). However I may try to get it free in Jan for 3 months since I'm a diehard Black Sails fan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)