State of the conversion

Status
Please reply by conversation.

surfdevil83

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
Toronto
I was wondering if all the hard work put into this coversion was paying off for the new provider. The amount of time and money to make this happen needs a return on the investment to possibly add more channels in the future. I for one have made sure that I ordered the discovery pack to ensure their continued service. The four step process was easy to do and the wife is happy to have our 922 running again. I'm not looking for a dollar figure just hoping this whole thing does not get stopped due to lack of interest or demand.

It is too early to tell but check your customer number it might tell you something about how many subs there are and then maybe not. There is no advertising and without
programmers actively supporting the effort the outlook is dim. It is primarily a niche group of hobbyists and that unfortunately could impose serious limitations.

We haven't gone a month yet since 4096 shutdown. There are some that are still having problems converting. Many hung on to the 3435 key sucking it dry till it died days ago this only delayed conversions. There is no way one can give a good report on the status as of now. Maybe in 6 months. As far as more channels goes that won't be addressed until the conversions are over which IMO will be going on for months. I report status on my website of the conversions, programming and 4Play at: 4DTV Online By TvroPro... The Official 4DTV Info Site

There is no advertising and without
programmers actively supporting the effort the outlook is dim.

It's up to us to "advertise" this, too! I've brought two new DSR 410's online besides mine. How are others doing in this? Any other "media" owners on this board willing to push this product/service to their audience? (be it online or traditional like radio?)

Didn't convert my 922. Think its going to retire a "December all-tiles" box" after I find a suitable dish moving device.

I actually do have someone interested in a DSR 410 but what's delaying their decision is that there are no local networks or any kind of networks. Local chanels are hard to come by since they've been converted to digital. Lots of mountainous regions & long distance around here make it difficult to get anything video OTA.

Im coming on board and im spreading the word around my way. Hope to get more people out under control of the pizza guys :) I just have to get all my pieces and get hooked up.Glad to be on board here guys.

Im coming on board and im spreading the word around my way. Hope to get more people out under control of the pizza guys :) I just have to get all my pieces and get hooked up.Glad to be on board here guys.

:welcomeTo Satellite Guys :)

I think tvropro should do a "State of the Conversion" address every so often... kinda like the "State of the Union" given by the President! LOL :)

Hopefully more people will realize the benefit to switching, but without some key channels many want leave dish. I wish comcast would add some hd in the mix.im gonna do all I can when I see a big dish to stop and let them know they can still subscribe.Alot of older folks would love to be able to save a buck.and with a fta receiver they can get alot more.I see better things next year 4 all cbander's even if we are niche users.look at mac users like me :)

I think tvropro should do a "State of the Conversion" address every so often... kinda like the "State of the Union" given by the President! LOL :)

Yea.. I would tell the truth not a bunch of political double talk lies like we get from our politicians. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)