Statement from DISH - Not Getting the New HD?

Cparker and sixbears - seems like we have exactly the same dilemma.

I think EA with a wing dish at 110 will work, and I am going to call and ask for that. I don't have much faith with Intertech, it seems impossible to even talk with a person there, but I should be able to find someone who can do it, I hope.

However this requires receive upgrades as well, I probably have to go through dish to get them (and convince them to give them to me at a fair price).
If you alraedy have a 2-dish setup for 110/119 + 61.5 does your 61.5 dish have a dual LNB arm with only 1 LNB installed? That's what mine has. So even if Intertech didn't have EA dishes, couldn't they just install the second LNB on the current 61.5 dish and repoint/Skew it to get 72.7?

And I called Intertech Friday from work and chose "I'm an existing customer" and got through to tech support. Actually much easier talking to Intertech tech support than Dish tech support. And Intertech apparently tells Dish what the workorder needs to say so I don't have difficulties after they arrive.

;)Tech was here by 8am; replaced one of my 2 dishes; took about 1/2 an hour....... and now I get all 4 satellites. All is well. The new HD channels are now viewable.

I hate you.:p Well... I hate that not ALL of us can have such pain-free experiences with Dish Network.

I was supposed to have an installer come out here from 8am-12pm today, and he didn't come! I spoke with a CSR via the online chat, and they called the office that the installer was supposed to come from.

This was their response: He was here at 7:30am, saw there was no line of sight, and then left.

He NEVER called! I'm not sure if I believe this story. Why would he be here at 7:30? Why would he not call me or knock on the door? And how would he know that there's no line of sight without even getting on my roof?

Totally pissed off by this situation. The CSR told me that she was very sorry, and would have a service manager come out here tomorrow to get a second opinion. I'm POSITIVE that there's line of sight. I've checked it via DishPointer, and I have a dish pointed to 61.5 right now, so 72.7 and 77 isn't that far off. In fact, they are in BETTER positions than just 61.5.

If by tomorrow's end I don't have a 1000.4 on my roof, I'm not going to be a happy person. I also spoke to a local installer (not the same guys who are supposed to be coming out here) and he told me that there shouldn't be any issue with the 1000.4 in my area.

I don't know. This whole "he was there at 7:30" thing sounds fishy to me.

I hate you.:p Well... I hate that not ALL of us can have such pain-free experiences with Dish Network.

I was supposed to have an installer come out here from 8am-12pm today, and he didn't come! I spoke with a CSR via the online chat, and they called the office that the installer was supposed to come from.

This was their response: He was here at 7:30am, saw there was no line of sight, and then left.

He NEVER called! I'm not sure if I believe this story. Why would he be here at 7:30? Why would he not call me or knock on the door? And how would he know that there's no line of sight without even getting on my roof?

Totally pissed off by this situation. The CSR told me that she was very sorry, and would have a service manager come out here tomorrow to get a second opinion. I'm POSITIVE that there's line of sight. I've checked it via DishPointer, and I have a dish pointed to 61.5 right now, so 72.7 and 77 isn't that far off. In fact, they are in BETTER positions than just 61.5.

If by tomorrow's end I don't have a 1000.4 on my roof, I'm not going to be a happy person. I also spoke to a local installer (not the same guys who are supposed to be coming out here) and he told me that there shouldn't be any issue with the 1000.4 in my area.

Don't know where you're located, or what the tree situation is; but the other day when I went from 2 dishes doing 119/110/61.5 to one dish doing the Eastern Arc, it actually put the dish angle in a *better* position regarding any trees in the area, not a worse position. At least here, 129 would have been *much* worse, essentially needing to point down at the horizon (...just about).

As for the tech showing up early & without notice, the only thing that immediately pops into my mind was that maybe the guy had grabbed a cup of coffee and decided to scope things out before starting the job, or was going to scope things out first before going to get a cup of coffee; BUT why he would never have called you and just blown it off is by no means acceptable & certainly sounds screwy.

My installer didnt think i had line of sight on third floor while he was on ground. Are they that good? I have 61.5 right now but he didnt think i would get 72.7

Don't know where you're located, or what the tree situation is; but the other day when I went from 2 dishes doing 119/110/61.5 to one dish doing the Eastern Arc, it actually put the dish angle in a *better* position regarding any trees in the area, not a worse position. At least here, 129 would have been *much* worse, essentially needing to point down at the horizon (...just about).

As for the tech showing up early & without notice, the only thing that immediately pops into my mind was that maybe the guy had grabbed a cup of coffee and decided to scope things out before starting the job, or was going to scope things out first before going to get a cup of coffee; BUT why he would never have called you and just blown it off is by no means acceptable & certainly sounds screwy.

I'm located in CT, and from what I've seen on DishPointer, going to the eastern arc would be a "better" position than what I currently have. So... I guess I'll see what happens tomorrow.

I'm one of the affected and I think they should had put theses channels on 61.5 sat, this sat i'ts the official for hd channels

I'm one of the affected and I think they should had put theses channels on 61.5 sat, this sat i'ts the official for hd channels

There's always been some eastern arc national HD on 72.7. In the past, they've tried to mirror the national HD channels on 110 and 72.7 and again on 129 and 61.5. They can no longer do that because of a sick satellite at 61.5.

Cparker and sixbears - seems like we have exactly the same dilemma.

I think EA with a wing dish at 110 will work, and I am going to call and ask for that. I don't have much faith with Intertech, it seems impossible to even talk with a person there, but I should be able to find someone who can do it, I hope.

However this requires receive upgrades as well, I probably have to go through dish to get them (and convince them to give them to me at a fair price).

Yeah it is a system problem. The system is broke, and no one knows how to fix it. I have been told so many lies in the past few days I don't see alot of hope. So I said s crew it and threw up a Dish 500 aimed at 72.7 and I just watched a great HD movie on Indeplex.

Yeah EA won't work here in my area, what BS. I am currently watching 2 SATs off the EZ and 2 SATs off the WA......61.5---72.7---110---119.

I still want a EA 1000.4 with a wing @ 110 just so I don't need 3 antenna's.

After deliberating, I finally decided to pull the trigger . . . both 500 dishes are being replaced tomorrow with a single 1000.4 dish . . . fingers crossed this is quick, easy and painless . . . congrats charlie, you win, I am going Eastern Arc

After deliberating, I finally decided to pull the trigger . . . both 500 dishes are being replaced tomorrow with a single 1000.4 dish . . . fingers crossed this is quick, easy and painless . . . congrats charlie, you win, I am going Eastern Arc

Hope you have better luck than I did.....If the installer has that headlights in the eyes look you can bet he does not have a 1000.4 dish in that van too!

Hope you have better luck than I did.....If the installer has that headlights in the eyes look you can bet he does not have a 1000.4 dish in that van too!

Knock on wood . . . I cannot complain about the service men I have been sent in the past; have their been problems here and there, yes, but nothing to the point where I can scream my head off . . . the CSR put in a work order for Eastern Arc which means 1000.4 so if there is not a dish in there, then the service man did not read his order before leaving the shop . . . I will let everyone know tomorrow

Great installation today

DISH technician was very professional and knowledgable!
I live in NH and get locals from Burlington, VT. He said that I could not get 129, but he could get an excellent line of sight to 72.7.
So now I have 61.5, 72.7, 110, and 119. Although I now have 3 dishes, it was a small consolation to be able to keep 110 and 119.
He did put in a new switch and he also had to plug in a power inverter to my 522 because the switch draws more power.
It took about 1.5 hours.
Very satisfied and I am now seeing all the new HD channels.

Installer just left, replaced my 61.5 Dish 500 with a 1000.4 EA and now get all the new channels on my 722. Still have the old Dish pointed @ 110/119 for my old 3900 box as it does not support EA. Was very pleased with the installer he did an excellent job. He realigned the old dish and it is now getting better signal and replaced all of the coax. Best thing was there was no charge for any of it. :)

DISH technician was very professional and knowledgable!
I live in NH and get locals from Burlington, VT. He said that I could not get 129, but he could get an excellent line of sight to 72.7.
So now I have 61.5, 72.7, 110, and 119. Although I now have 3 dishes, it was a small consolation to be able to keep 110 and 119.
He did put in a new switch and he also had to plug in a power inverter to my 522 because the switch draws more power.
It took about 1.5 hours.
Very satisfied and I am now seeing all the new HD channels.

Gordon,

The Dish Network Install Techs have had the 129 won't work in the Northeast Mantra, Drilled into their collective heads for years. For Years it was true as the satellite at 129 was not designed for that slot so its footprint trailed off above PA. In mid to late 2009 Dish replaced the Satellite at 129 with a Bird designed for that slot and it puts plenty of signal to the ground in the Northeast. While the Radiate power does trail off from129 into Maine, a subscriber in Maine could likely get Sufficient signal strength to use 129 if and ONLY If he/she has LOS to 129 on a Dish 500 with an "I" adapter. In Burlington Vermont the Elevation angle for 129 is around 15 degrees, with Azimuth of around 244. The Dish's Reflector pan might look like its pointing toward the ground, because all DBS Dish's are offset 20-22 degrees. This means the signal is coming into the Dish 20-22 Degrees higher that the apparent Angle of the Dish's Reflector plan with the Ground.

The biggest disadvantage of 129 in the Northeast is its low LOS, but if you can get LOS to 129 its signal strength is just as good as Dish CONUS satellites from 119/110.

John

Last edited:

Luckily for me, it all worked out. A very courteous, knowledgeable, hard working installer just left; switched out the 2 500's for 1 1000.4 (quick, simple replacement), turned on receivers, found the sats (77, 72 and 61.5) and I am all set up and ready to go.

I am sorry you have had difficulties

The installer explained that from what he has been hearing and they have been discussing, there are two problems in the very near future: 61.5 is filled and all new HD will be on the other SAT; thus, the new problem is now what to do with folks in Maine. Thought everyone would find this interesting because even though some may see him only as an installer, I still think what he says gives credibility to the rumors circulating here on satguys. He also mentioned that the $15 upgrade will be refunded in 3-5 months by credit.

Last edited:
By phone and by chat today I was told "tough luck"--it would cost me $95 to fix.

Because Dish has a problem with its satellites, I am supposed to pay $95?

Bye, Dish. That's $2400/year you won't be getting--brilliant business decision!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts