Statement from DISH - Not Getting the New HD?

77 will probably be mostly locals. They want everyone pointing at it so in the future they can put locals on it without having to worry about people not being able to see them when they move. There are a lot of markets that do not fit the 61.5 spot beams very well. If they have a nice new spot on 77 that covers that market, they want to be able to move the locals to 77 without having everyone screaming that they lost their locals all the sudden.

Right now the satellite is a CONUS one that points South to avoid interference with Canadian DBS providers. When the new satellite is in place it will be able to have spot beams that point to the DMAs in the Northern US without spilling over into Canada. So, people in the NE for example that cannot get 77 now, may have spot beam coverage in the future.

OK, the tech just left. Switched out 61.5 for a 1000.4 with 61.5/72.7/77 and switched 501 for 612. I did have to extend for 2 years, but there was no $15 charge, much less $99. I just had to say 'Cablevision calls once a week.' Tech also set up a DishCOMM home plug so both receivers can connect to internet.

I finally took the plunge and upgraded to eastern arc yesterday. The installation went very smooth. The tech was new but do a really clean installation job. I am very satisfied with his work. He made sure he communicated everything he did before he did it and went through the entire installation after completion to make sure that I was satisfied. I did end up paying a tech fee of $95 for the installation. With a 2 year commitment I was able to upgrade two of my receivers for free and they also through in Platinum HD for free. Overall I was satisfied with the whole process.

Upgrades with a lower monthly price

If you are one of the Dish Network customers who is not getting the 9 new HD channels because you are getting your HD from 61.5 then you need to call DISH Network for an upgrade.

SatelliteGuys.US has just received the following official statement from DISH Network regarding this issue...

When you call please post your results here to SatelliteGuys as we want to make sure that all members get a fair deal from DISH Network.

The number for Dish Network is 1-800-333-DISH.

I have updated this post and added a PDF which was sent to retailers which explans what channels were added, where to find them and what packages they are part of. Enjoy!

Thanks!

I was not happy with the recent monthly price increase so I emailed Charlie. A very nice lady called and we discussed the huge price increase and what could be done to lower it.

Ultimately I swapped out my three 622's and a 722 for three 612's and a 722k. Total out of pocket cost was $100 (for the 722k) and a $10 installation fee.

I also did not have to have an additional two year agreement for the upgrades.

Overall I am very happy with how I was treated and I lowered my monthly bill by $20!

The only thing I am not happy with is that three of the new receivers require numerous resets to keep them running. One of the three has been trouble free.
I complained to the nice lady at Dish about the problems with the new receivers and am keeping a log for Dish advanced tech support to help them diagnose all the issues.

I'm cross-posting this from the G4 thread in case anybody knows...

What satellite is the new G4 HD on? I don't have access to the "new" HD channels (like TruTV) so I'm wondering if I have to upgrade my satellite for both channels or if G4 might be on the "old" satellite?

I'm cross-posting this from the G4 thread in case anybody knows...

What satellite is the new G4 HD on? I don't have access to the "new" HD channels (like TruTV) so I'm wondering if I have to upgrade my satellite for both channels or if G4 might be on the "old" satellite?

All the new HD is on either 129 for the western arc or 72.7 for the eastern arc. If you have a hydrid install 110/119/61.5, you need an upgrade.

Just got my Eastern Arc upgrade, very happy with the tech and service. He showed up with a 1000.2 originally expecting me to be put on western arc(according to work order). When I told him i didn't have LOS for 129, he pulled a 1000.4 off the truck and put me on eastern arc. Very happy, have all my channels now.

Just got my Eastern Arc upgrade, very happy with the tech and service. He showed up with a 1000.2 originally expecting me to be put on western arc(according to work order). When I told him i didn't have LOS for 129, he pulled a 1000.4 off the truck and put me on eastern arc. Very happy, have all my channels now.

Did you get a letter first or did you call in on your own initiative?

I called dish yesterday for and up grade and she told me i was out of luck for the new hd channels the only sats, i can get are 110,119 and 61.5 ,because of where i live in ma. every question i asked her she put me on hold to get the answers. the last thing she told me was to do is go to a local dish dealer to see if they could do anything. it was a big waste of my time!!!!!

Did not receive a letter. Called on my own Tuesday, could have had an install appt. for tuesday pm if I had not had something else going on. Scheduled for Wed AM and the tech showed up at 8:00 am on the dot, great service, clean install, no complaints.

I called dish yesterday for and up grade and she told me i was out of luck for the new hd channels the only sats, i can get are 110,119 and 61.5 ,because of where i live in ma. every question i asked her she put me on hold to get the answers. the last thing she told me was to do is go to a local dish dealer to see if they could do anything. it was a big waste of my time!!!!!

Were they planning on putting you on western arc? That is what they were planning for me when the tech showed up wed morning. The work order showed a 1000.2 dish. When I told him that I had no LOS for 129(he double checked it) he switched it to eastern arc. I would think that in MA you would be on eastern arc instead. I would try a different CSR at dish.

Must be central west mass because Boston is EA and Western ma Berkshires in Albany, NY DMA is migrating to EA. I would try again because I think even in central MA you should be all set with EA. CSR roulette.

.......hang up and call again. The CSR has no idea what she's talking about.

After about an hour on the phone I have a Tech coming tomorrow to repoint me to the Eastern Arc (EA?, sorry I'm new and don't know the lingo). I do have to pay a $15 charge, but That isn't too bad especially since I have the guy coming early on a Sunday morning 8-12.

I did want to thank this forum since I came across the problem today when I realized FSC was available in HD. So I changed my programming package to get it and it did't come in. After some google searches I came across this forum and this thread with all the info I needed to speak to the CSR about the problem (I currently get 61.5, 110, & 119... Not 129 for the new HD channels.

I will report back tomorrow on how it went.

I also was having a problem getting the new HD channels. I was on 61.5/110/119, After reading some of the posts. I called DISH Thursday morning. They installed a 1000.4 dish
for 61.5/72/77, Friday. Now I get most of the new channels. Installer explained that they were not allowed to use the new dish in Maine, they got the go ahead April 8th...thanks for all the info...dshu

...I did want to thank this forum since I came across the problem today when I realized FSC was available in HD...After some google searches I came across this forum and this thread with all the info I needed to speak to the CSR about the problem (I currently get 61.5, 110, & 119... Not 129 for the new HD channels...

:welcome

Welcome, etm117!

You will find a wealth of knowledge here.

I've had two appts for dish to come out and replace my 119/110/61.5 with the new dish. First they came out in March and told me to call back in April. Now they are tellnig me to reschedule for June. The answer is that I will lose channels if I replace my existing setup -- that all the channels aren't on the new dishes. I don't know that I believe this.

Having 3 dishes, (and trees), ( have a complicated setup, but I had thought the new upgade sat was higher in the horizon and easier to get in than 61.5. The guy who came out today told me it isn't. The service techs don't seem to want to do the upgrade. I had the same problem getting 61.5 put in, though in general I have had no problems seeing the 61.5 bird for the last 3 years or so. I used to keep up on this stuff, and in general know more than the techs who come out, but I haven't been keeping up to date lately. I've been a dish customer since 1999 and feel like I am getting tue runaround again.

I am frustrated dealing with the last two techs who have trouble understanding English. Can someone give me some advice on what to say to dish? I do have trees, (that's why 3 dishes) but I don.t feel convinced I can't get an upgrade (seeing as how for 6 years I was told I could,t see 61.5. I made a fuss four years ago when I wanted HD and that's how I got the 61.5 dish now sprouting in my yard . Do I need to make another fuss now? I pay $100+ a month for dish and i want the new channels if I can get them. Is it true my upgrade needs to be delayed until June? If I can't get them, fine, but so far I have not been impressed with the knowledge ( or lack of it) in the techs dish has sent out

Where are you located sansha? A lot depends upon where your local channels are. Obviously, you are not getting all of the HD channels today because many of them are located on 72.7 or 129.

I'm in MD. I have the 250 package plus locals and platinum HD.

I would like the additional channels (given I'm paying for them). However, I wouldn't mind keeping some or all of my existing dishes if that is possible, just for redundancy. It's nice when one of my dishes goes out (as for example the squirrel chewing through my 61.5 dish cable line, that I have the other dishes working. Or when snow buries my 110 dish on the roof, I have 61.5. The tech I had out in Feb or March to do the upgrade (who didn.t and told me to call back in April) was talking about using the 110 dish location to get the new bird, but that is the one that always gets buried for days in heavy snow. He was the one who also said the new bird would be high and I shouldn't have trouble getting a signal. But the tech out today told a different story. He told me 61.5 was high in the sky (I'm sure that's not true for MD) and I would have trouble seeing the new bird. pat

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)