Staticy picture on some channel such as E!

seandudley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
Loudon, Tennessee
I have tried to watch E! on Voom a couple of times, and each time there is a lot of analog static on the screen. I don't think the channel has this problem on Dish Network of which I used to be a customer. Anyone know if Voom is working to fix this problem?

Thanks.

Sean Dudley

E! is my worst station on VOOM by far. It has a ton of sparkles and static.

Anyone know if they can fix it?

Style Network, on the other hand, looks pretty good. Both are owned by the same company?

The difference between E! and Style

Everyone gets pissed for me telling you guys this but here goes:

The E! channel still originates from an analog source (VC2 Cband). Style originates from a digital source (available in many formats DC2/PowerVU)

I have the sparkles too. Voom can reproduce them in their equipment at their call center, Installs Inc. can see them, DBS Resources can see them, and my installer Mike can see them. Despite this being a verifiable problem with voom's signal, and easily remedied I might add, they will still insist that it's your receiver and ONLY your receiver that has the problem.

My receiver swap-out count is at 3. Problem remains.

seandudley said:
I have tried to watch E! on Voom a couple of times, and each time there is a lot of analog static on the screen. I don't think the channel has this problem on Dish Network of which I used to be a customer. Anyone know if Voom is working to fix this problem?

Thanks.

Sean Dudley

Sean,

I added this channel to the list of channels having this issue. See this thread

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=23466

Wilt mentioned that he's aware of the problem and that work is being done to correct it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)