Stationed in Germany need help PLEASE

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iNEEDtheNFL

Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
I'm in the US Army and was recently stationed in Germany and I have come across a HUGE problem.. no NFL in europe!!!! Basically my question is is there ANY way I can watch the NFL over here. Germany doesn't seem to offer any cable or satellite service that offers NFL Ticket similar to that of directv. I friend told me he's heard of some device that I can hookup in my room and somehow access my parents DirecTV and NFL Ticket back home through the internet but I was completely confused at his instructions and I was wondering if such a thing is possible or true. It sucks too because the NFL doesn't offer online broadcast of games over the internet similar to that of the MLB or college football which I would GLADLY pay for. If you guys have any suggestions about how I can watch my beloved football team in this country PLEASE inform me and I would be forever grateful. Thanks guys.

God Bless the USA
- Ryan

SlingBox

Search SlingBox.
If you have high speed internet you can get a reasonable picture on a small box view on a computer. I used it in Italy this summer and was satisfied knowing ahead of time the resolution issues. Your parents will have the base unit at their home and you have a single issue client at your computer. If they have only one receiver you get what they see.

Doctor j

iNEEDtheNFL said:
I'm in the US Army and was recently stationed in Germany and I have come across a HUGE problem.. no NFL in europe!!!! Basically my question is is there ANY way I can watch the NFL over here. Germany doesn't seem to offer any cable or satellite service that offers NFL Ticket similar to that of directv. I friend told me he's heard of some device that I can hookup in my room and somehow access my parents DirecTV and NFL Ticket back home through the internet but I was completely confused at his instructions and I was wondering if such a thing is possible or true. It sucks too because the NFL doesn't offer online broadcast of games over the internet similar to that of the MLB or college football which I would GLADLY pay for. If you guys have any suggestions about how I can watch my beloved football team in this country PLEASE inform me and I would be forever grateful. Thanks guys.

God Bless the USA
- Ryan

Nothing to add wrt to suggestions, as the other posters pretty much suggested what I would have suggested, but IMO, the army should shell out a setup for you guys to watch for all you guys are doing.

I hope your stay is short and safe.

Good luck.

sling it! and try nonage its free calls to the USA! you in frankfort? beautifully place! winters are cold though! Thank you for serving our country!:usa

I smell BS with this story, I was stationed in Germany twice and we got AFN 1 and AFN 2 which showed 3 NFL games every Sunday and every prime time game live and then replayed in actual prime time in germany which would obviously be delayed. All on cable on every base and Kasserne and OTA in Germany if you live off a Kaserne. For those who were not stationed in Germany but were stationed overseas AFN is the same as AFRTS.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)