Stats Widget

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyp56

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 13, 2004
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Ok, the stats widget (or whatever everyone wants to call it) that displays the total members, threads, and post, why is it a week or so ago I know it said total post was 1,2xx,xxx. Now today, it shows 1,092,257. Why the difference? Are post being deleted by that large of a number? I mean 100,000 or so post in about a week seems awful high.

Just curious...

We all see around the same number of members, I think the reason we are seeing different numbers is because some of us have access to different areas of the site and others do not.

The best example would be access to the PIT.

And the premies who can access to the Pub plus the admins, who have access to areas such as the SatGuys Staff Penthouse and sub boards like the reported posts forum (which most boards have in their admin areas...).

We all see around the same number of members, I think the reason we are seeing different numbers is because some of us have access to different areas of the site and others do not.

The best example would be access to the PIT.

Well if that was the case, then I would ask... Why did it show 1.2 million post a week ago for me, and now it doesn't?

About a month ago, I was going to mention that DBStalk was fudding their numbers to make themselves look good, because I saw the same thing there (I only visit once in a blue moon, but would notice that from one time to the next it would be different numbers).

Anyways, not saying this is a real issue, but was curious about why... Are member numbers fudged too? I mean why the difference.

Man.. I need that "PIT" threads.

Members: 106,978
Threads: 102,920
Top Poster: Iceberg (30,598)

Its interesting that the post count displayed is keyed to the access of the user; i.e., pub, pit, installer zone, staff areas. Never thought about that - but it makes total sense given how vBulletin works.

Threads: 118,507, Posts: 1,235,672, Members: 106,987

Odd I see about what Scott posted, if you account for a few hours later... 200 or so new threads, 1500 more posts, 11 more users. I do not sub to installer zone or pit.

Odd that 5 minutes later Scott sees fewer threads, fewer posts and 1 more user... Neither of us subscribed to the pit, I do not subscribe to installer zone...

I'm sorry, it isn't access to different areas! Come on people, read my post, I've already pointed out that I saw the 1.2 million before, and I don't nor did I belong to any extra threads... I am a supporting Pub, have access to everything except installer and the Pit (of course, you fancy dancy staff have more) anyways, why do I see such a difference? Because it isn't the access that is the reason maybe?

Besides, it shouldn't do that, it should show the total.

I guess I'll just be blown off, and no real answers, oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)