Still can't get HD signal in NC - pics included

dgparent

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
usa
OK it is finally nice here so I am trying to get my Shaw HD channels here in Raleigh, NC I get a 97 signal on channel 252 but 0 on 700 or 300. I have been fooling around with this for 3 hours :(

1. According to dishpointer my skew for Directv should be 62 for my 5 LNB dish and for Shaw it should be 119 if you look in the pics shaw at 119 looks at almost the same angel as my DTV dish ? I have tried moving the skew to what says 160 and slowly moving it back to 120 and still nothing on 300 or 700 just a bunch of red bars at some spots.

2013-01-29 12.25.25.jpg 2013-01-29 12.25.51.jpg

Also when I cover SAT A I lose all signal on channel 252 is this is correct ?

Last edited:
Tune to channel 252. Then go to options 4 , 7 line C.

I get SignalT1 (252):97, Ecb/No:8.9 db) I have a similar skew setting of 121.

Starchoice dishes have zero skew at 90 degree marking on back of dish. Our actual skews are about 30 degrees. Set yours at 119 on back of dish.

Catamount

I get I get SignalT1 (252):97, Ecb/No:8.9 db) the same as you. I have mine set at 119 at the back of the dish already

Well, that's good . Now, LOL I can never remember which is Sat A or B. If your standing behind the dish and cover up the lnb on the left, which actually is straight down the arm, you should lose signal and ebno on channel 252. I believe 252 City TV is on F2 Sat 111.

Catamount

OK here is all my info :

1. Receiver is a brand new 600

2. 75CM dish - LNB is a xKu LNBF for use with a 75E dish only

3. Map Status - 551-4323:Complete

4. SignalT1(252):97, (Ecb/No:8.9dB)

5. I covered SAT A and lost signal on channel 252 after pointing the dish

6. I change the channel to 700 signal is 0 same as 350, 300 etc

7. I have messed with the skew, elevation and azmith [even after having a signal strength of 97 on channel 252] trying to get something on any of those channels no joy.

8. I had a guy come out today he charged me 25.00 and did basically nothing saying his signal meter cost 400 and it was not picking up either ANIK sat I told him 107 and 111.

Do you still have the good signal on channel 252? Tune your receiver to this channel.

If you do, then go options 6 4 9 8 8 Then press 1 for manual tune Down at the bottom right there is a box for 22khz tone. Is the check mark at "on" or "off"? Just exit out , don't change anything.

Catamount

Do you still have the good signal on channel 252? Tune your receiver to this channel.

If you do, then go options 6 4 9 8 8 Then press 1 for manual tune Down at the bottom right there is a box for 22khz tone. Is the check mark at "on" or "off"? Just exit out , don't change anything.

Catamount

Here is what that page shows

Coding Mode 3/4 *1

Symbol Rate 19.51

Fequency 1746.250
EMM 4128

Modulation QPSK

Multiplex Comb

Polarity l_H

22KHZ Tone OFF

It is marked OFF

OK, before I answer, I may not be helping. Do you have the advanced or classic channel lineup. Channel 252 is City TV in HD on the classic, which I have. You just mentioned having the XKu lnb and most new activations are the advanced lineup.

On channel 252 I get the Movie Channel so I guess advanced lineup on my guide CITY HD is channel 304

After rereading the thread, I'd say you're definitely getting 107 with the right Lnb. Did you try hooking your cable to a different port?

Maybe put it on a HD channel or channel 700. Then do the option thing to manual tune. The 22khz box should move to "on"

This will tell whether the lnb is switching sats.

After rereading the thread, I'd say you're definitely getting 107 with the right Lnb. Did you try hooking your cable to a different port?

Maybe put it on a HD channel or channel 700. Then do the option thing to manual tune. The 22khz box should move to "on"

This will tell whether the lnb is switching sats.

I have done the manual tune thing on a HD channel for hours this is after I get a signal of 97 on a SD channel like 252 or 299! What is the "22khz box should move to "on"" where do I see that?

OK it must be aiming because the winds in Raleigh today were gusting pretty high, I switched over to channel 700 and the signal was all of a sudden coming in between 30-60 and when I tuned to the channel it was coming in and going out, so I need to adjust yet again, thanks for all the help/tips guys.

make sure the base of your dish mount is solid. if wind is creating that much variance, it sounds like it may be soft. In Wisconsin, we routinely get winds 40-50 mph in the winter, and my picture is always steady.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts