Still new and trying can't find AMC 21

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes,

It turns out that it is the PBS HDTV EAST on TP 12140 V.

It threw me off because it scanned in as "TELAIRITY ENCODER" on TP 12.096 V and I wasn't getting any good audio at the time (garbled). Today it has clear audio and I could tell what channel it was by comparing to my AZBox.

RADAR
Well, it isn't the 12140, the 12096 is correct. Telairity is apparently a company that specializes in MPEG4, and they often have a low quality HD version of PBS on that transponder. It isn't always MPEG4, sometimes it's regular MPEG2, but when it scans in as Telairity, it's MPEG4. A while back, I googled Telairity, and if I remember right, apparently one of their big customers is Alabama PBS, since they are trying to save money by using MPEG4 to send signal to their various stations around the state. Glad I don't live in Alabama, because I don't think the quality is very good.

I'm surprised how low on the horizon that the dish is pointed. I even cut a few trees that appeared to be in the way a few hundred yards away (dead anyway), and could cut a couple more (live), but if that's not the problem, I'd rather not.

Its already been noted the KU dishes are offset but here is a good visual difference
(the pic is old but it gets the point across)

The 6 foot dish is aimed at 99W. Here in Minneapolis 99W is at 38 elevation (93 is my true south). The dish is prime focus so 38 degrees elevation is a look of 38 (no offset in it)...The grey dish next to it is aimed at 97W which is also at 38 elevation. Look how "pointed down" it looks compared to the 6 footer

Both are at the same elevation

Attachments

• 000_0447.jpg
    000_0447.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 133
Its already been noted the KU dishes are offset but here is a good visual difference
(the pic is old but it gets the point across)

The 6 foot dish is aimed at 99W. Here in Minneapolis 99W is at 38 elevation (93 is my true south). The dish is prime focus so 38 degrees elevation is a look of 38 (no offset in it)...The grey dish next to it is aimed at 97W which is also at 38 elevation. Look how "pointed down" it looks compared to the 6 footer

Both are at the same elevation

I love the 6ft C-Band dish mount, it even has attachments for Diseqc switches! Where do I get one??? ;)

where do I get one?

You'll have to contract with the supplier directly: Iceberg Inc.
Those dandy elevators (tables), hold downs (sandbags), and switch arrays are a custom build! - :cool:
Give him your specs and I'm sure he can get you a quote! - :D
Don't forget to specify a desired finish.

I love the 6ft C-Band dish mount, it even has attachments for Diseqc switches! Where do I get one??? ;)

all those switches and cabling was rerun and now the switches are indoors :)

But the dish and 140 pounds of sand are still there :)

that dish is fixed on 99W

The other dish (the one that gets wheeled out of the garage) is ghetto moved by hand. The elevation bar get changed by hand :) I have a mark for true south (93W), the far west sats (137/139) and 121. The rest I can visualize where the elevation should be

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts