Still no working PS3

What's on paper and what we get is developer-dependant. Some developers can't use the system for crap, some developers can make gorgeous games that you can't believe are on a ps2. It all depends. I think MS will outshine sony but look at how people put up with the ps2 jaggies and load times. Sure they complained, but they pretty much just took it with a grain of salt and got used to it. As long as sony doesn't completely mess up, John Q. Gamer is going to be happy with what they see on ps3...

mwgiii said:
T2k, while I agree with some of your points about Sony, it is way too early to consider them doomed and the PS3 a failure.

FYI: I didn't say anything like that. I was merely reflecting Puro's note, saying if graphics sells consoles then PS3 is doomed already.

It doesn't mean I believe graphics sells consoles - in fact I don't think it's true, see how big noise Nintendo has created with its 'revolutionary' new controller design.

I do think that their strategy of controlling the "entertainment center" is a huge risk. The hardcore gamers will buy one but the $600 price point will scare off a lot of casual gamers and a lot of the A/V enthusiast won't buy one because they want a pure Blu-Ray player, not a gaming combo.

Exactly my thoughts.

As Puro said, it's all about the software and the PS3 has a large inventory of exclusive titles which will help push hardware sales.

I agree but which will be more important for the buyers: the title or the fact that he has to shell out at least $600 to play one title?

Bottom line is both the 360 & PS3 will have great looking, fun to play games. It will be interesting to watch MS & Sony duke it out and to see how Nintendo's huge risk of focusing on non-gamers will play out this generation.

I'm more and more convinced this time Nintendo will sell more devices than the other two...

Purogamer said:
What's on paper and what we get is developer-dependant. Some developers can't use the system for crap, some developers can make gorgeous games that you can't believe are on a ps2.

Whereas generally speaking it's very true, I would like to see *any* PS2 games to sruprise me... PS2 looks like crap. It always looked like crap, it always will look like that. (For the record Xbox is also crap to me, only a little bit better looking crap than PS2 and same goes for Gamecube.)

It all depends. I think MS will outshine sony but look at how people put up with the ps2 jaggies and load times. Sure they complained, but they pretty much just took it with a grain of salt and got used to it. As long as sony doesn't completely mess up, John Q. Gamer is going to be happy with what they see on ps3...

When such a top-level developer like JC praises 360 and voices a less than favorable opinion about PS3, that is something... imagine when just an average dev has to put up with Sony's stufff... :eek:

Wow, all PS2, XBox, & Cube games look like crap? I have seen some great looking games on all 3 consoles.

I take it you are a PC gamer then?

mwgiii said:
Wow, all PS2, XBox, & Cube games look like crap?

Compared to PC games, yes
I'm sorry, I forgot to explicitly mention this - my mistake.

I have seen some great looking games on all 3 consoles.

Well, I have seen a lot of crap on PC too which other people called decent... ;)

I take it you are a PC gamer then?

Correct. I tried all consoles but a no-go for me. (Though I have a GC as a dust collector 'cause I couldn't draw my wife into gaming... :D)
Wii's controller is the first thing for years I think might give a try... gfx will remain sux, I guess but the controller is promising.

JC? Good ol' jesus is making games, or are you talking about someone else?

I like MS more than anyone, but I can't sit here and think sony is going to lose it all on the ps3, it's illogical. Don't have to be spock to see that MS and nintendo aren't exactly being geniuses right now either...

If we're going to use the price, yes it's $600 to play one game...$660 plus tax to be more specific...But once you play a 2nd game, we're talking about 360 per game...then a 3rd game brings that down to 260, etc...

You can't use that logic. Sure the 2 playstation 2's that I bought cost a lot, but when you realize i've played well over 100 games on it over the past few years, it's not so much per game anymore and is completely irrelevant...

Last edited:
Hey T2k,

Do you remember the greatest PC strategy game of all? X-com UFO defense? I've been waiting years for an updated version, that game was as assictive as Crack!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)