Still searching...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

igzo99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Guys, I have an HR20-700...below are my transponder readings.

I've never gotten anything off of the 400s, except "searching for signal".

The 9300s test this weekend, showed the same results.

I'm in Southern Cal. and my locals are not yet available.

From the readings below, what am I to do to ensure that once the new HDs go live...I'm not "searching for signal"....?

99(b)
1-8 71 0 86 0 85 0 n/a n/a
9-16 n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a
17-24 n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a
25-32 n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a

103(a)
1-8 80 95 0 97 79 95 n/a n/a
17-24 0 n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a

103(b)
1-8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
9-16 0 0 0 0 0 0 n/a n/a
17-24 0 n/a n/a n/a n/a 0 n/a n/a

Guys, I have an HR20-700...below are my transponder readings.

I've never gotten anything off of the 400s, except "searching for signal".

The 9300s test this weekend, showed the same results.

I'm in Southern Cal. and my locals are not yet available.

From the readings below, what am I to do to ensure that once the new HDs go live...I'm not "searching for signal"....?

99(b)
1-8 71 0 86 0 85 0 n/a n/a
17-24 n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a

103(a)
1-8 80 95 0 97 79 95 n/a n/a
17-24 0 n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a

103(b)
1-8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
9-16 0 0 0 0 0 0 n/a n/a
17-24 0 n/a n/a n/a n/a 0 n/a n/a

1. By the 400's do you mean chnl #'s?

2. I see you list your receiver but what dish do you have? (model or photo will do)

3. If you have the correct setup (see #2), then those signals (or lack of) means you best be calling a pro to come PROPERLY align your dish.

480, 481, 499 and 498 always had "searching..."

I have the slimline dish...

480, 481, 499 and 498 always had "searching..."

I have the slimline dish...

Well then I would call for a dish alignment & a check of you cables and/or fittings based on your non-existent signal posted before. Do you have anything else extra in your setup; OTA, switch, etc.

They are not trained techs or installers nor is DirecTV in the OTA business. That is really up to the end user. Real cheap and easy to run the new cable.

Well then I would call for a dish alignment & a check of you cables and/or fittings based on your non-existent signal posted before. Do you have anything else extra in your setup; OTA, switch, etc.

The only thing I have is a splitter. Because I don't get locals over the sat, I still have a cable line feeding the same TV for QAM. So, its not a "dedicated" line...other that, nothing different...

The only thing I have is a splitter. Because I don't get locals over the sat, I still have a cable line feeding the same TV for QAM. So, its not a "dedicated" line...other that, nothing different...

I had the same setup but removed the splitter taken off the off air connection with cable and my problem of "searching for the signal" was corrected and now receive the "congrats" screen. I am certain that searching for signal problems being reported are splitter/di-plexer problems.

My H20-100 was going thru a power strip coax...no screen or sat signal on 103b...took it of the strip and went straight to H20...got sat signal and screens...

Thanks for you insight guys!

I'll remove the splitter today and see what happens!

one more thing guys...I have only ONE tuner feed...will this effect my ability to pick up the new sats?

If you have a diplexer before the BBC, it will not work. You can put the BBC before diplexing the OTA in, but not afterwards. The two frequencies interfere.

If you have a diplexer before the BBC, it will not work. You can put the BBC before diplexing the OTA in, but not afterwards. The two frequencies interfere.

ok...if I have a diplexter in the attic...would I hook the B-Band up there BEFORE the diplexer and not at the back of my receiver?

ok...if I have a diplexter in the attic...would I hook the B-Band up there BEFORE the diplexer and not at the back of my receiver?

That is correct. If the BBC is after, it conflicts. Before seems to work for the majority of reporting users.

Status
Please reply by conversation.