Still Trying To Get the Little Rock Locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Based on the Wynne zip code I used even the local cable company gives him MEM locals as well because thats the DMA he's in and he wants LR DMA to watch a particular central AR regional team the AR Razorbacks. I do see they also offer KTHV, KATV, KAIT, KARK in addition; do any of these offer the Hogs?

So do I assume you get LR locals from Dish because you tell them you are in another area?

KATV carries ARSN, which is the Arkansas Razorback Sports Network. KAIT also carries it, but its a Jonesboro station. All of those affiliates you mention cover the Razorbacks pretty well, but KATV is probably the best.

Here in Wynne, my local cable company gives us the Little Rock, Memphis, and Jonesboro stations. However, the picture quality is terrible, especially for the high cable price. I just have to suffer with extensive Memphis Tiger coverage for the higher quality DirecTV I have now.

"prohibited"..Can you provide a link from where you got that info?

I don't have an internet link ... only the experiences of individuals I know who live in Izard and Sharp counties who were told by Dish that they could not receive the Little Rock locals.

The suggestion to use the local cable service (Suddenlink) for locals is a posibility. Would also want to check with some people who currently subscribe to Suddenlink because their LR channels would frequently be affected by other stations coming in on the same channel (atmospheric skip). That was one of the main reasons I left them several years ago.

I don't have an internet link ... only the experiences of individuals I know who live in Izard and Sharp counties who were told by Dish that they could not receive the Little Rock locals.

The suggestion to use the local cable service (Suddenlink) for locals is a posibility. Would also want to check with some people who currently subscribe to Suddenlink because their LR channels would frequently be affected by other stations coming in on the same channel (atmospheric skip). That was one of the main reasons I left them several years ago.
Izard and Sharp counties are located in the Jonesboro DMA. That is why residents in those areas are not eligible for locals out of Little Rock.

I hate to keep beating this subject to death, but would someone explain why zip code 72521 (Cave City) has the Little Rock locals on DirecTV and 72501 (Batesville) which is 10 miles to the south doesn't.

Guess its time to turn up the heat with DirecTV, and if I get no satisfaction, the FCC.

DISH has hundreds of customers in 72501 with LR locals. Is it possible that Dish and DirecTV have worked out a "terrirorial understanding"?

I hate to keep beating this subject to death, but would someone explain why zip code 72521 (Cave City) has the Little Rock locals on DirecTV and 72501 (Batesville) which is 10 miles to the south doesn't.

Guess its time to turn up the heat with DirecTV, and if I get no satisfaction, the FCC.

DISH has hundreds of customers in 72501 with LR locals.

They are in Independence County and in the LR DMA and being physically closer than a town you mentioned that IS getting them; all you can do is call. BUT that said you CAN'T talk to a regular CSR or their supervisor as they will not be able to help at all. You need to find a way to calmly discuss this with someone on the tech or engineering said in my opinion.

Is it possible that Dish and DirecTV have worked out a "terrirorial understanding"?

1000% NO

DISH has hundreds of customers in 72501 with LR locals. Is it possible that Dish and DirecTV have worked out a "terrirorial understanding"?
everry so often Nielsen moves counties to other DMA's..It could be your zip code is in a county that D* has under old information.
BTW The FCC has no standing in deciding designated market areas. The AC Nielsen company does that.

Can I have your account info, please? I'll call DirecTV up for you and fix your problem. You'll have LR locals in minutes ;)

Just kidding...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts