stogie5150's Prodelin Project

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
That is one sweet Prodelin setup! Well done!

If you ever want to do it, J, I can save you a LOT of time by telling you what NOT to do..... I bet now I could have it together and tracking in a day if need be, from a pile of parts. Not counting the paintjob...LOL

Oh, and thanks! Come check it out one day. :D

Last edited:
If you ever want to do it, J, I can save you a LOT of time by telling you what NOT to do..... I bet now I could have it together and tracking in a day if need be, from a pile of parts. Not counting the paintjob...LOL

Oh, and thanks! Come check it out one day. :D

I need to get over to the Northshore someday soon. What I've really been keeping my eyes out for is the NPRM that is commonly used with the 1.8M Prodelins. I'd love to get a couple of those...

Excellent retrofit! Great job!

Thanks Brian.

Great job stogie!
Nice use of the Pinnacle mount parts.:)

Yeah the old mount was twisted up so much I couldn't salvage everything, so I had to kind of 'wing it' on a few things, like the fancy declination adjuster Winegard had, it was twisted like a pretzel when I got the mount.

Wow that looks great!

Thanks Scott.

That looks great.......what took so long? :D

Why I oughta...:rant::rant::rant::D

Got the elbow put back on, made no difference in the signal, so now its easier to put a hat on it to keep the sun and rain off some. Its not elegant, but it will work for now, whilest I look for a better solution.

photobucket-3365-1316448912375.jpg

photobucket-37166-1316460304904.jpg

photobucket-51727-1316460280058.jpg

Stogie, I've never seen that model feed before. All the ones over here seem to have that large, ridiculous platform feed which is a pain to modify. You could take the entire elbow assembly off of the feedhorn, but the bolt hole configuration is not C-120... It's something else, and if I remember correctly, only half of the holes will line up properly.

Stogie, I've never seen that model feed before. All the ones over here seem to have that large, ridiculous platform feed which is a pain to modify. You could take the entire elbow assembly off of the feedhorn, but the bolt hole configuration is not C-120... It's something else, and if I remember correctly, only half of the holes will line up properly.

A couple guys mentioned that, J. I been looking locally and y'all are right. I have never seen one like mine either. May be an older one or something, the store I got it from hasn't been open since Katrina at least. Interestingly, the horn for the 1.2 and the 1.8 are the same size. Weird.

Excellent job! The dishes look awesome!

Thanks.

Regarding that odd scalar/feed, you've cornered the market on weird stuff. :)
And even have a spare! - :up

Good pix, inventive cover, sweet project.
Keep up the good work!

HEY! I was MOVED! I wasn't prepared for the trip, I didnt have my seatbelt on and nobody told me!

Nice job. Have you ever taken a mount and offset it to one side instead of center pivot? That way there is always weight on the jack no break over at the center of the arc. It works really great. BTW that is the 1.8 Prodelin type I had.

Same two dishes I found. Was this place a dealership, too? You scored more points here than I did. I offered up $80 originally for the 1.8, and $40 for the 1.2, and the boss said I could just take 'em. I should try putting my money where my mouth is at demol sites too. Might get farther than just asking.

Construction workers always need beer money.. :)
Nice work Stogie! I have a 2.4m offset, thinking of fabricating a polar mount for it. The offset (declination) is a bit of an issue I need to work out. Thanks for all the great pictures!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)