strange issue with HR-20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

david_gilbert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 6, 2009
ms
off and on the last couple months my HR-20 will not have video when viewing any 1080i or p shows. my only recourse has been a reboot, then things work fine for a day or even a month before doing it again. last night i was finally fed up enough to try and force it to happen and figured it out. if i am viewing a 480i channel and switch directly to a 1080i/p show(live or recorded) i get sound but no picture. switch back to the previous SD channel/recording and everything is fine on it, but the HD does not come back. once i reboot, then the picture is fine and everything works as desired. but during my experimenting last night i noticed that i could switch to a SD channel, then go to a channel/show in 720, THEN goto the 1080 show and it works with no reboot. for giggles i would switch back to a 480 channel, then back to 1080 and again no picture. i did this multiple times, and everytime i went straight from SD to 1080 hd the picture problem cropped up.

also if i had no picture and hit FF it would show the pic as it FF along but soon as you hit play it freezes the image on the screen and plays the sound as normal. again, stepping up thru definition levels fixes this.

it happens on sat or OTA, recorded or live shows.

so has anyone else noticed this issue?

yes it is HDMI. i'll check that, i can't remember but i think it is set for native. i don't think it is the TV, it shows which resolution and it tracks with the LEDs on the front of the HR. this started happening right after the last NR software, i don't do CE releases.

Like jdspencer said, set the native output to off.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)