streaming audio is awful

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kevinsickles

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
Trying to stream a game right now, audio is awful, tried other recordings that I know the audio is fine from the 922 DVR, still awful audio . Played music file on pc. sounds fine.

Are others getting terrible audio when streaming?

Is there a way to remotely reboot the 922?

P.S. Seems to have fixed itself overnight.

I have been greatly enjoying streaming while on vacation.

It appears that the 922 is stillflaky and needs to be rebooted when issues arise.

My main question remains. Since the 922 needs to be regularly rebooted to fix flakiness. How do you reboot it when remote?

You can't reboot it remotely. You could sign out of your dish account and re-sign in to see if it changes.
It's on the Dish Remote Access Preferences tab which is all the way on the right. Then it's in the line of links at the top called Preferences. Click the Receivers link and all your receivers will be listed and there is a Reboot button for the 922. And it works. I used it a couple of days ago when dish.sling.com was having problems. I had a yellow light for all my receivers. I happened to be in the room with the 922 playing with my Netbook. I clicked reboot and in a minute or so the 922 turned on. Sling still didn't see though.

And the audio was bad a few hours ago. I watched a local news recording and it was fine. Then I tried a couple of movies and a music program off Paladia and they were all bad. Okay on my 922 via Onkyo and my Mits.

Just finally got a chance to log in and check preferences/receivers and there was the reboot button.

Great Tip!
Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)