Streaming with Blockbuster Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

elfranzen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
Maine
BlockBuster online

I saw the BlockBuster online and clicked on it. I don't have the BB online yet and it shows just over 5,000 shows available. Will this number go up after I sign up for BB. I will mostly use this for kid shows as that is what I mostly use Netflix for now. but I only see about 3 Episodes per cartoon. I will need more then just 3 from each show to keep my kids entertained. I am hoping to get rid netflix and only use this. but I will also need a blockbuster app for Google TV and PS3 to really make this work well.

Sorry, Not sure of the answers to your questions but have a few myself. Which receiver do you have? I just read that it isn't yet available for the 922 but is for the 722 and 622. Checked and rebooted my 622 this AM and Blockbuster is not showing up under options. Website shows it should be number 3 under DVR but I still just have Platinum listed.

another question is there a website that I can see what movies and shows are offered on blockbuster online without signing up first.

ZachS@DISH Network said:
Menu then 6-1-3 and you should be on the system info screen. As Scott said its fine if it still says Platinum because they are the same thing. My guess is it will probably switch over in the next couple of days.

But the only selections in the explore movies page are for the Platinum channels. Nothing for Blockbuster.

Same thing? I thought there was supposed to be 3000 titles to stream. When i go into platinum, i see a total of 651 titles, and many cost $
There should be about 3000 free titles, so it looks like something still needs to be loaded on your receiver... I think.

I've got a 922, and am currently a Netflix subscriber. Liked the idea initially of switching, especially with Netflix's price increase, but this reeks of mismanagement on Dish's part. How do you not have the capability to stream to all of your boxes on the day of launch if you're Dish? Add to that the extremely small offering of titles for streaming compared to Netflix, and I'm really rethinking any decision to switch. If Dish can't get their stuff together to even launch all their boxes the same day, why should I ever assume this venture is going to be more than an inconsequential competitor to Netflix, let alone an equal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)