Streaming with Blockbuster Thread

Talked to a csr who said since I had platinum for free that I was unable to get the bb movie pass...

asked about bbmp free for three months and was given bbmp free for three months replacing platinum 30 aniversary for free

the free plat promotion will expire in jan so the change won't affect me at all...was also told I could get the 922 free!!! great day to be a dish customer!!!

I have a Western Digital media player that has the blockbuster streaming application on it. Now that my Dish Platinum programming has been changed to Blockbuster Movie Pass, can I activate blockbuster streaming on my media player?

My Western digital player says to go to blockbuster.com/wd/activate, but when I go to the blockbuster web site I cannot sign in using my dish network sign in. Is there any way to activate blockbuster streaming on my WD media player using my Dish Network blockbuster movie pass account?

Hi Tony, has the Movie Pass been activated on your DISH Network account. Is the e-mail address on your blockbuster account and the DISH Network account the same. If you are still having a problem, please PM your account info to a DIRT member and they can check your account. Thank you!

Thats how Directv VOD worked. Download the movie and used a little recording space, even the 1080p/24 files dont use a lot of space.

streaming with Blockbuster

I just signed up for the Blockbuster Movie Pass. I see how to add movies and games to my Que on the website. How do I add to a streaming Que? Netflix call it Instant Que. I also don't see any way to setup and activate my Samsung Bluray to streammovies too. Any help would be great since Dish is no help.

It makes sense to use the reserved area of the DVR (reserved by Dish that you cannot record to anyways) to buffer movies. You can watch right away, but if you skip back or do trick plays it is using what is down on the disk already giving you a smoother presentation. And if you have a fast internet connection they can get far enough ahead of your viewing that internet congestion will not cause you to stop the movie for "buffering".

BBMP Streaming Issues

My first several attempts over the past 24 hrs. to stream have been met with failure. First of all, true streaming is not being allowed, rather an instruction that the selected movie/show will be ready for viewing in x# of minutes and then an attempted download begins. I say attempted as thus far each of the selections I have chosen starts to be downloaded but the process is never completed. As such, when I pull up the selected item in "My Rentals" it is immediately deleted after indicating it could not be downloaded.

To say the service appears underwhelming would be an understatement. There is another active thread devoted to the fact it isn't really streaming anyway, but rather a download (which takes up HDD space) and watch later service.

At this point the only plus is the BB DVD plan which has been added to the Platinum tier. I suspect Dish/BB will manage to make this a less-than-optimal user experience as well.

At this point I will retain my Netflix streaming plan. Netflix has nothing to worry about specific to the competitive threat this might provide.

I have a 722 receiver and am getting Internet access via a SlingLink at my router and through the receiver's built in HomePlug-like capability.

Hopefully dish is listening & will work the bugs out of this new service.

But the OP is saying that it's not using the reserved space, it's using the user space.

Sorry to hear about your issues. As I posted in the sticky thread just moments ago, I had an absolutely flawless experience with my first viewing. I am on Time Warner 10/1 Internet with a Netgear wireless N gigabit router. My VIP 722 connects by the wireless dongle from Dish. Both the sound through my 5.1 home theater and the HD picture quality on my 55" LED TV was impressive. I also stream Netflix in the same manner (just wirelessly through my home theater system).

I'd say picture and sound quality were identical (both impressive). Start up time was pretty much identical (within 10 seconds on both). One advantage I found was that audio remains in sync with the picture after pausing, unlike on Netflix most of the time from my experience. I used all fast-forward, rewind, skip ahead and back features also and all worked perfectly and never required buffering at any time.

Also I don't think the other thread conclusively proves that HDD space is being used (other than space you cannot access anyway). Just from the sound of your post, it appears you already have a less-than-positive view of Dish/BB to begin with. Any new service is going to have bugs to work out, and I just hope to provide a balanced view so that others who are considering the service know it works very well for some of us. Hope that will include you as well soon.

I have 3 movies I have "streamed". I can still access them on My Rentals.. And at no time did my available space on my side of the DVR space drop.. So it seems like a non issue to me.. But I will continue to monitor it..

Thats what I find strange. Are you sure it was streaming? Sounds to me like it wasnt streaming, because streaming should not use space at all, unless there is a small amount for buffering. Sure this wasnt a downloaded file?

Streaming is active right now only to Dish 722/k receivers. You use the DVR button and then the Blockbuster Movie Pass menu and select movies there. Right now (well, the last time I checked), this does not include anything different than the old DishOnline VOD movies. So I sure hope the inventory of streaming movies is going to get drastically enhanced in the coming weeks.

No other devices, such as networked Bluray players, will stream as yet. Lip service was paid to these other devices at the news conference, so I expect additional clients to arrive some day. I won't say "Soon". Bad word associated with Dish.

I have "streamed" several movies just to check this out. So far result has been no problem. The streaming part is not a problem as far as I can see.. THe elephant in the room for me is the interface. Clunky, Slow, almost unbearable to find something I want to watch. Time for a new GUI on this one as far as I am concerned.. Two Thumbs down here..

Thats what I find strange. Are you sure it was streaming? Sounds to me like it wasnt streaming, because streaming should not use space at all, unless there is a small amount for buffering. Sure this wasnt a downloaded file?

Dish Streaming is a misnomer.. It does actually download to harddrive.. ANd will remain on the HDD until it expires or you delete it.. I feel like this needs to be changed.. THe only nice thing about this way of doing it, is that Trickplay works like it's supposed to.

If this is how it works then I would not put this in the same class of streaming as to what Netflix offers. I am stuck in an area that has a relatively slow broadband connection (1 mbs down at tops). Still, I can instantly watch a movie (fair to good quality) with Netflix. I just tried to "watch" a movie using Dish and it tells me will be available in 10 hours.

Side point of clarification. My 622 still does not list Blockbuster under Dish on Demand options. It still has Dish Platinum, despite adding Blockbuster Movie pass and rebooting the system. Perhaps this is still the way Platinum works and with BB it will be instant streaming?

Ah, so i guess the instant watch is just once its downloaded enough, you can start watching it. Sounds like Directv's Cinema offering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts